Indiana at Charlotte

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

Big win for the Pacers! We get the first one of the season, and it was a very clutch win. We decided it was time to play and were able to come back from being down and beat a very solid team in the Charlotte Bobcats. Great win for us! Keep it up Pacers!

Indiana looks a lot better than I expected. Hibbert is maturing so well and this whole team has confidence finally. They should be competitive on any given night. Unfortunate loss for Charlotte. They got a good look for Captain Jack to tie the game but it just didn't go.

That look from Jackson I called to be down, but he couldn't connect. Hibbert has really impressed me. I was expecting big numbers, but he's been playing great all around basketball. He's hitting shots from the outside (not threes, but long two's), and he's been playing great defense without fouling as well. Great job from the Pacers so far! Can't wait to see where this season takes us.

• Owner

Hibbert looked great, but he's gotta play a little more in the post. I'm just afraid that if he gains weight (meaning fat and muscle), he's going to be less effective out there for the Pacers.

Good all-around game for Indiana, though, on the road.

Hibbert looked great, but he's gotta play a little more in the post. I'm just afraid that if he gains weight (meaning fat and muscle), he's going to be less effective out there for the Pacers.

Good all-around game for Indiana, though, on the road.

That is a concern, but with the way he's been working out and working on his game I don't see that happening. He's been in the gym literally more than most of the Pacers combined over the summer, and he's the first one into practice and the last one to leave. Also, in case you haven't noticed, he's a very driven player. If he wants something, he'll go to anything to attain that, and he wants to be in the best shape, and play the best basketball he can. I'm not worried about Roy gaining weight and losing his skills.

• Owner

That is a concern, but with the way he's been working out and working on his game I don't see that happening. He's been in the gym literally more than most of the Pacers combined over the summer, and he's the first one into practice and the last one to leave. Also, in case you haven't noticed, he's a very driven player. If he wants something, he'll go to anything to attain that, and he wants to be in the best shape, and play the best basketball he can. I'm not worried about Roy gaining weight and losing his skills.

Well, I wasn't exactly clear when I stated I was afraid he'd gain weight. What I meant was that he needs to gain weight, in both muscle and fat, but not TOO much. The extra weight gain (much like how Bosh put on his extra) will help him in the post, where the Pacers will need him to play more often.

Either that, or he's going to have to develop a post game like Hakeem Olajuwon's, and I would bet a year's paycheck that'll never happen with the guy (or anyone in the league at the center position, at least this season).

If Hibbert was a bigger threat inside, even slightly, the Pacers will feed off of him even more, take even more off of Granger's shoulders, and open the court up for guys that need to be shooting wide open shots (ex. Dunleavy), and [expletive] will get real in Indiana.