Carter to Memphis?

While some believe it's a foregone conclusion free-agent point guard Anthony Carter will re-sign with Denver, that might not be the case.

A source told Pro Basketball News that interest between Carter and Memphis is "pretty strong." The Grizzlies wouldn't give Carter more than a one-year minimum deal, which is all the Nuggets will offer him.

However, the source believes the Grizzlies could steal Carter away because he's worried about his playing time being cut after the Nuggets last month traded for rookie point guard Ty Lawson on draft night.

If the Nuggets don't re-sign Carter, there's a strong chance they would sign point guard Marcus Williams, who is averaging 15.0 points and 9.0 assists in the summer league for Memphis, and had a league-record 17 assists in his first game.

"I think that's the plan," Williams said of going to Denver if Carter leaves. "They only have two (point) guards on the roster. Hopefully, I can make a push there if things don't work out here."

The Grizzlies are considering signing Williams. However, if they sign Carter, they wouldn't need Williams, and he would be in line to bolt to Denver.

Williams, who has career statistics of 6.1 points and 2.9 assists over three seasons, also said Indiana is looking at him "a little bit."

http://www.probasketballnews.com/story/?storyid=647

At his age, shouldn't Carter want to stay with Denver and win a ring?

The smart decision would be to stay with Denver, but with the Nugget's addition of Ty Lawson his playing time will be very limited. If he goes to the Grizzlies he can have a role behind Conley.

Carter is stupid to still think about playing time at this stage of his career. At this stage, playing more minutes will not make him play better... he's already at his peak last season.

I don't hate him like 99.9% of Nuggets fans do, but I'm starting to hope he goes away.

He does a decent job putting his hands up and making it tough for shooters and run a team for a few minutes... but besides that, he is a liability for lack of skills, and the worst of the worsts and why Nuggets fans hate him is because Karl plays him a lot.

Carter is stupid to still think about playing time at this stage of his career. At this stage, playing more minutes will not make him play better... he's already at his peak last season.

I don't hate him like 99.9% of Nuggets fans do, but I'm starting to hope he goes away.

He does a decent job putting his hands up and making it tough for shooters and run a team for a few minutes... but besides that, he is a liability for lack of skills, and the worst of the worsts and why Nuggets fans hate him is because Karl plays him a lot.

Agree.

Can't he be playing at the 2 guard sometimes?

Actually he does a decent job defending shooting guards... but you can't actually rely on him being a shooting guard. Offensively, he just can't be counted on to make/ create a shot unless he's wide open and even if he is, it's still not a good feeling for you as a team fan seeing him take the shot.