Houston at Washington

Real Deal

I loved the signings of Scola and Lowry at first too but then when I just sat back and looked at the roster there was something that didn't feel right to me. And once we traded Ariza my fears began to rise about our commitment to defense. Our struggles have NOTHING to do with our incapability to to run Rick Adelman's offense (Brooks, Martin and Scola have been brilliant offensively), but the lack of any presence defensively. No one is securing the paint and swatting shots (Hill and Yao have but are limited), no one is stopping the Kobe's and Carmelo's from dropping 30+ points, no one has been rotating correctly, etc etc.

One problem I have with Morey and have mentioned this during the offseason is that his lack of commitment to winning now. Yes he and Les cashed in this past year but I feel like we are on the fence of winning now and rebuilding. These young assets and picks are supposed to nab us an all-star but so far we have nothing to show for that and until we turn those assets into one we will continue to sit on that fence and be stuck in mediocrity. Morey and Les have to decide between now and the February trade deadline whether this team is in a competing or rebuild mode. Whatever route they choose, Houston is in a great position but they HAVE to choose one imo.

• Like 1

• Owner

Morey seems to be more focused on replacing the offense lost by Yao (not just his own points, but what he created out of the post), and it's been a bit too overwhelming because he has turned Houston into a true Rick Adelman team.

While Adelman did have Doug Christie in Sacramento, he also had some pretty bad defensive players in Bibby, Divac, Peja and even Webber. It won him 60+ games, but that lack of defense (sacrificed for their offensive production) killed them when it mattered most.

Scola, Brooks, Martin, Miller...they are all bad defenders, and an aging Battier and a small Kyle Lowry isn't going to make up for that.

BTW, he's the 3rd Youngest ever (behind LeBron and Odom) to get a triple double, and 6th-fastest ever in terms of games played.

Yeah he's very impressive indeed ABL. Last week against Phila he also became the fourth player ever to have at least 20 pts and 10 rbds (29 pts, 13 asts and 9 stls) in his first home game. The other three are Isaiah Thomas, Norm Nixon and Oscar Robertson...

He's also the first rookie to average 7 or more assists per game through his first five games since Oscar Robertson.

And about last night triple double it's also important to consider that he became the second rookie to record a triple double WITH six steals in his first six games of the season. The other was the Magic man.

Honestly before the season started my favorite to win ROY was Blake Griffin but if John Wall keeps playing like that he will be ROY for sure. I still wanna see what will happen when he'll hit the rookie wall though. Although we can ask ourselves : can one wall stop another one ? :lol:

Anyway this kid is gonna go far, that's for sure.