Houston at Washington

Real Deal

Same story Rockets miss shots down the stretch. We had an excuse before we were losing close game to good teams..... what excuse will we come up with tonight? It's very frustrating to see point blank shots being missed, and layups being an issue.

ADELMAN CAN YOU PLEASE PLAY JORDAN HILL the guy has been great on defense and he hasn't played the second half WTF.

Yao is made of glass..... Sucks because he is good when healthy but that might not be the case for the rest of the year.

BTW lol @ Rocket fans (Htown) who thought they were going to be top 4 in west. They aren't even top 4 in the Southwest lololol.

Shouldn't you be in prison playing XBOX? :glasses:

John Wall :wub:

He's such a beast, I cannot say enough about him. He limited his turnovers tonight, played like a true leader, and was everywhere on the court. He was even hitting his threes, and he's hitting on that pull up jumper...just gotta stay consistent.

Looks like Flip storming out of practice and yelling at the team motivated everyone. The bigs were great on the glass, Yi played amazing, he got rebounds, blocked shots, and was aggressive when he was in the paint. Dray was great as well, some questionable decisions here and there, but overall he was a force down low.

And everyday I'm beginning to think Al Thornton is better off starting for us rather than Josh Howard. He's so strong, he's able to get rebounds through traffic, he has a nice midrange game, and doesn't force anything. I love his hustle and his attitude towards the game.

I hate seeing Gil play limited minutes, he never really got into his rhythm, but oh well. Hopefully he develops it as the season progresses.

Go ahead and move him into that #1 favorite player slot. You can do it.

I'm going to need some assistance. I still have a soft spot for Gil. :wub:

Try watching a game with Above Legit on AIM, the guy can't keep his love for Wall civil. :P

You know you enjoyed every minute of it.

Seriously what the [expletive] does Rick have against Jordan Hill? Is that he can't pass like his $5 million golden boy? Whatever it is Rick, get your head out of your [expletive] and play the damn kid.

Also the hell was Rick playing 3 offensively incompetent players down the stretch? Martin and Ish are the only guys who showed up tonight.

Edited by Dash
  • Like 1

Seriously what the [expletive] does Rick have against Jordan Hill? Is that he can't pass like his $5 million golden boy? Whatever it is Rick, get your head out of your [expletive] and play the damn kid.

Also the hell was Rick playing 3 offensively incompetent players down the stretch? Martin and Ish are the only guys who showed up tonight.

Scola had a nice night as well.

Lol for real it's messed up how he's got Jordan in the dog house. Enough with the Brad Miller and Chuck Hayes high post love, that [expletive] is not working well enough to bring back a W. Miller may make a nice pass but you know he will give it right back up on defense, because he doesn't play any.

Hill has been the only player on that team that has proven in his short stints that he can be a force in the paint on defense, I can't think of anyone else.

Giving Scola that big contract was also a bad move imo, dude can't play ANY defense. Not one move Morey has made in the offseason has turned out to be a good one (so far) except the signing of Ish Smith.

Jordan Hill is the future face of the franchise and I'm being serious. Rick needs to realize his potential and the strides he's made over the course of the offseason and freaking play him.

Honestly I've criticized Adelman a lot over the past couple of years during the regular season and every time Rick proves me wrong come playoff time. He's a complete mastermind during the postseason but I hope there is a good reason as to why he's been such an idiot so far this season.

It's not that Rick has anything against Hill, it's that he's got a man-crush on Brad Miller. Sacramento?

Thing is Brad has only had 2-3 games where he's played significant minutes. Jordan has been played 3 straight 20+ minute games before tonight. I think Rick is just trying to figure out who and what works but I don't understand why training camp and preseason wasn't enough for him.

I like Rick Adelman keeping Jordan Hill out of the second half, especially late in the fourth when lack of size was killing us, then with 7+ seconds and the game over, he sticks in Jordan. Classic.

This has to be the first time I've ever seen Clutch (clutchfans owner/insider) take a jab at Adelman or anyone from the coaching staff and management.

• Owner

Thing is Brad has only had 2-3 games where he's played significant minutes. Jordan has been played 3 straight 20+ minute games before tonight. I think Rick is just trying to figure out who and what works but I don't understand why training camp and preseason wasn't enough for him.

Brad shouldn't have any games where he played significant minutes.

Well acquiring Scola from the Spurs in the first place was a great move. Signing him and Lowry immediately I thought at the time was another great move because both are integral pieces to the puzzle. Scola is not young but he comes out and battles every night and gets it done. So I like the Scola extension, Rockets certainly may have overpaid Kyle Lowry but when you have an aggressive owner who made it clear before the season even ended that he would do whatever it took to keep both, he kept his word and it happened.

I think last year we had so much fun watching that Brooks/Lowry duo that worked out well for the Rockets, and when you needed a big shot you could go to Scola for that mid range it was his bread and butter. He's still dominating the offensive end and even drawing double teams, I think he's been solid for the Rockets this year.

Adelman is running his system more authoritatively than I have ever seen since he became coach of the Rockets, they built this team for him so of course he will get the blame.

Its that aggressive nature of doing the dirty work that;s not part of this team anymore. They don't play like they want to win down the stretch, they just settle and it seems like Adelman does the same.

• Like 1