Houston at New York

Real Deal

So since starting the season 0-5, the Rockets are 3-1 with Yao Ming, Chase Bud, Kyle Lowry and Aaron Brooks missing games.

The Knicks are on a 5 game losing streak.

Time to trade those picks.

lol really? Lets real quickly just compare your max contract guy with our average role player contract guy.

Scola: 22 ppg 11 rpg 2 apg 1bpg 52% fg%

Amare: 20 ppg 8 rpg 2 apg 2 bpg 45% fg%

Yeah we are definitely going to need it more :lol:

I'm sorry but you can't compare Luis Scola to Amare...stats don't prove anything, especially through a minuscule ten games.

I'm sorry but you can't compare Luis Scola to Amare...stats don't prove anything, especially through a minuscule ten games.

Luis Scola is way better than Amare, much better rebounder and shoots a higher percentage. Just because Amare is athletic doesn't make him better.

• Like 2

That fourth quarter was terrible for New York. Houston has so much grit. Lowry seemed to hurt them but Scola, Martin, and Battier are winners. This team is going to get better as the season continues. I wonder what New York will do; they have to make some moves.

I wonder if Amare regrets leaving Phoenix yet.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Amare is flat out overpaid, he got punked by Chuck Hayes tonight on some specific plays and showed his frustration down the stretch as well.

2 game winning streak!! It feels good to see guys step up, Scola and Martin were great.

I haven't seen a full Knicks game this year, but damn they take some really crazy shots kind of a mess all over the court.

On to the next W please.

Even worse than when Walsh bowed down before Morey and gave us Jordan Hill and 2 lottery draft picks for Tracy McGrady? Thanks by the way.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/28/sports/28morey.1.600.jpg

Amare is flat out overpaid, he got punked by Chuck Hayes tonight on some specific plays and showed his frustration down the stretch as well.

2 game winning streak!! It feels good to see guys step up, Scola and Martin were great.

I haven't seen a full Knicks game this year, but damn they take some really crazy shots kind of a mess all over the court.

On to the next W please.

Scola and Martin have been great all year long, defense has been the issue and the Rockets as a whole addressed that during some key stretches in the 4th against a solid offensive team. Definitely encouraging to see.

Next up are Chicago and Oklahoma City, two teams that are a step up from the ones we've played recently. Keep the streak alive Houston!

I am sorry but yes they do. No Steve Nash, no monster Amare Stoudemire. Nash gave Amare that max contract, and without Nash we all can see Amare is just a good player and nothing special. Scola > Amare :D

Edited by ChosenOne

IDK, but Scola getting 22 ppg is amazing, we don't even run that many plays for him, if we went to him a lot more in the post, we would see his true potential, he is capable of averaging 20 ppg.

Btw, theres about 4-5 Rockets fans now on OTR, pretty awesome.

Edited by His Yugoness

IDK, but Scola getting 22 ppg is amazing, we don't even run that many plays for him, if we went to him a lot more in the post, we would see his true potential, he is capable of averaging 20 ppg.

Btw, theres about 4-5 Rockets fans now on OTR, pretty awesome.

omg Scola gets 22 ppg in the first 9 games of the season he must be the best PF in the NBA!

• Owner

It's the system for both players, really. You stick Amare in a pick and roll system, one that is ran by an elite point guard (yes, like Nash), and he becomes dangerous.

Scola would be useless in that system, in that manner. Nash would have to turn him into a shooter.

Luis is fortunate to have that Princeton offense somewhat implanted into the scheme of things, because it gives him options to play off of, and it makes a few of his teammates dangerous shooters. Less attention to Scola, who can maneuver his way to the rim, in a one-on-one setting, against someone like Amare, who plays zero defense.

Called it once Amare left Phoenix that he wasn't going to do [expletive] without Nash in NY. ;)

He's averaging 20 ppg http://hardcoregoldenlovers.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

I think you should give him a full year before you say your prediction was true

He's averaging 20 ppg http://hardcoregoldenlovers.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

I think you should give him a full year before you say your prediction was true

Not really a difference with or without Nash look at the past 4 years he's been roaming around that 20 ppg. With the exception of that 07-08 year where he was avg 25 ppg. I'm sure by the ned of the regular season Amar'e will be avg 23 ppg.

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/5149/screenshot20101114at104.png

Not really a difference with or without Nash look at the past 4 years he's been roaming around that 20 ppg. With the exception of that 07-08 year where he was avg 25 ppg. I'm sure by the ned of the regular season Amar'e will be avg 23 ppg.

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/5149/screenshot20101114at104.png

Check the 10% difference in FG% and additional 1.5-2.0 turnovers, and that's where the absence of Nash can be felt.

Check the 10% difference in FG% and additional 1.5-2.0 turnovers, and that's where the absence of Nash can be felt.

I think STATcity was talking about scoring wise not necessarily his FG% and TO ratio

I'm sure his FG% will take a hit this seaon but I think he can lower down his TO ratio as the season progresses. The Knicks are only 9 games into the season so his FG% and TO ratio can certainly change.

Edited by magicbalala245

I think STATcity was talking about scoring wise not necessarily his FG% and TO ratio

I'm sure his FG% will take a hit this seaon but I think he can lower down his TO ratio as the season progresses.

FG% is directly coorelated to scoring, and in Amare's case so is the TO's. The FG% is a result of less PnR oppertunities and an offensive game far more iso-oriented, and the TO's are also a result of him being placed in a greater amount of iso situations. A 10% drop in FG% and over 1.5 more turnovers is a MASSIVE difference in offensive effectiveness. I am sure both will get better as the season goes on, but there will be a significant hit to his stats in both categories by year's end.