Miami at Memphis

Real Deal

I don't get why we didn't foul Rudy when he was driving in. I understand not fouling because they think it will be in the act of shooting, but I think they could have fouled Rudy pretty easily when he was driving.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1116/nba_g_spoelstra01_576.jpg

• Owner

If we did have a foul to give. There's no excuse for us not to use it. And that there is on Spoelstra. Dude is just not a good coach or leader.

Memphis was on a five-game losing streak, coming off a back-to-back where they lost against Washington just last night (who didn't have Wall). They had just four wins on the season strolling into this game as a dysfunctional team.

It's not Spo's fault that Randolph and Conley (a big and a point guard) dominated the Heat, just like most talented bigs and point guards do. Knew it was going to happen since the start of the season.

Every single Heat loss, you have blamed Spo. Every one of them. You have been practically begging Riles to coach this team. When LeBron complained about the minutes, you begged Riles to come and give them a kick in the ass. When they lose, you hope it's Riley coming back.

Did it ever occur to you that your Heat have big, gaping holes in the roster? Like we all knew since July? If you want to blame anyone, blame Pat Riley, or start blaming the players for not being able to play their positions up to par with their "all-star counterparts."

Memphis was on a five-game losing streak, coming off a back-to-back where they lost against Washington just last night (who didn't have Wall). They had just four wins on the season strolling into this game as a dysfunctional team.

It's not Spo's fault that Randolph and Conley (a big and a point guard) dominated the Heat, just like most talented bigs and point guards do. Knew it was going to happen since the start of the season.

Every single Heat loss, you have blamed Spo. Every one of them. You have been practically begging Riles to coach this team. When LeBron complained about the minutes, you begged Riles to come and give them a kick in the [expletive]. When they lose, you hope it's Riley coming back.

Did it ever occur to you that your Heat have big, gaping holes in the roster? Like we all knew since July? If you want to blame anyone, blame Pat Riley, or start blaming the players for not being able to play their positions up to par with their "all-star counterparts."

I already acknowledged that Memphis deserved to win this game, but that doesn't mean Spo shouldn't be held accountable for yet another bonehead move.

• Owner

I already acknowledged that Memphis deserved to win this game, but that doesn't mean Spo shouldn't be held accountable for yet another bonehead move.

Could've been the players, could've been Spo. Even if they did foul, that basket was going to happen because drawing up a play would've given Memphis the chance to go in the post, and it's an even easier bucket that way.

Miami would rather lose on a Rudy fadeaway jumper over the reach of the Defensive God, James, than Gasol or Randolph easily dropping one in over Bosh, or hitting one free throw to win.

Not to mention, Rudy would've put the ball up on the foul, gotten to the line. You could tell he was actually anticipating it right before he continued his drive, because he delayed for a second, to take that foul. You lose on a mistake like that, and it makes the team look even more fragile.

And I'm sure it would be Spo's fault once again, because the idiot wanted to foul.

Acknowledging that the Grizzlies deserved the win, then pointing fingers at Spo...you do that every time. Good win by Memphis, Spo didn't call for a foul at a tie game, and it wasn't Spo that started the game cold or lost that fourth quarter for them. He started Big Z again, he limited Jones after he shot and missed his six threes, limited Stackhouse because he was playing like he was 50 years old, couldn't play Haslem much because it was Udonis fouling the hell out of everyone, and that's how the Heat had a chance to win this game in the end.

The real problem was the fact that the Heat didn't get to the line like they need to. LeBron had six free throw attempts, the team a total of 12. Like I've said before, when the Heat are down and about out of the game, they bend their heads down and drive to the rim. They get their fouls, and they go to the line. Because Bosh is no true post player, and both LeBron and Wade are not off-ball players, this will be one issue they will have to deal with forever. Not having a legitimate starter at the point hurts, and the same goes for the five.

Miami will not be equipped to beat a contender in a seven-game series, and it has nothing to do with shooting. Jones, Arroyo, Haslem, Big Z, they can all knock down open jumpers...but it's not enough. The offense is all about the three all-stars, and the defense is all about help, instead of on-ball. It's not going to work unless LeBron treats his teammates like he did in Cleveland, and they find someone who can defend the post (like a Varejao, even). You can quote me right now, but I'll be back in this topic in June if you decide to.

You took offense to what I said about them being like Cleveland. Unfortunately, they will need to be. Give that Cleveland team a Dwyane Wade who doesn't mind deferring at the right times (key point there), and all of a sudden, Cleveland has a ring.

• Like 1

Da heat still gonna go 77-5, dey da gr8est team in da histery of da univurse.

Can dey get dey rings like nao? y play da rest of da season.

Why even post this?

If you want to get a reaction out of Heat fans, which you clearly do, at least post something somewhat releveant. This is just a pathetic troll job.

• Like 1

Why even post this?

If you want to get a reaction out of Heat fans, which you clearly do, at least post something somewhat releveant. This is just a pathetic troll job.

At least I didnt start a thread saying that Heat fans should issue a challenge to their team, called "Man up." And I was about to do it too. :lol:

What a game for the Memphis Grizzlies fans and the team itself. Rudy gay with the game winner as the Grizzlies win it by 2. It was a close game all night long and I never though the Heat would catch up! they were trailing by 5 with 30 second left but Bosh banked a 3 and then the Heat get a steal and LBJ with the easy dunk to tie the game! But after that, Gay knocks a beautiful fade away jump shot over LBJ for the win. Great game.

Didn't watch the game, but what are we gonna do? Rudy hit a shot over Lebron, good for him. Nothing we could have done about it. The Grizzlies shouldn't even be a team we should worry about in the 4th quarter, but apparently it was an off night.

Edited by SRV