Chicago at LA Lakers

Real Deal

• Owner

I'm not going to argue with you considering you watch more Lakers basketball than I do by a mile, but I just turned on the game and Gasol's stat line isn't too shabby at all. 9 points 6 rebounds 4 assists 2 steals and 4 blocks..?

And bad defense. He was getting dominated down low.

Allen Iverson had tons of steals throughout his years, but his defense always sucked.

Plus, the nine points...he can score better than that, but as you can see, Shannon and Odom are stepping up to help Kobe tonight, so Gasol can get his rest and start dropping buckets if/when Noah comes out of the game.

I'm not going to argue with you considering you watch more Lakers basketball than I do by a mile, but I just turned on the game and Gasol's stat line isn't too shabby at all. 9 points 6 rebounds 4 assists 2 steals and 4 blocks..?

So as I am typing this Gasol has his shot blocked, misses a shot, has a turnover, and fails to box out Noah and allows him to et an easy tip in.

• Owner

So as I am typing this Gasol has his shot blocked, misses a shot, has a turnover, and fails to box out Noah and allows him to et an easy tip in.

In the statsheet, you see the turnover and the missed shot...and that's it. That's the problem.

He's a hell of a player, no doubt, second best PF in the game (and currently second best center, since he's playing the position), but he's not one to rely on when you need a dozen points in a matter of minutes. He's not one to rely on when you need a big shot. He's not the guy you want to run an offense through.

Big difference between him and Kobe.

In the statsheet, you see the turnover and the missed shot...and that's it. That's the problem.

He's a hell of a player, no doubt, second best PF in the game (and currently second best center, since he's playing the position), but he's not one to rely on when you need a dozen points in a matter of minutes. He's not one to rely on when you need a big shot. He's not the guy you want to run an offense through.

Big difference between him and Kobe.

Ya I was thinking about this today because a few ppl are starting to say that Gasol is the Lakers MVP. People who say that haven't been watching the Lakers because even if Gasol is a really big cog in the system, he's not the type of person you build around. To sum it up in one word, the difference between Gasol and Kobe is dominance.

The Lakers pull away late to give themselves an easy win by 7 against the Chicago Bulls. Lamar Odom and Shannon Brownboth had 21 points while Kobe Bryant had 20 points and 5 assists (if that's enough for his team to win it's aight). Rose though had a great game with 30 points but that wasn't enough to stop LA