LA Lakers at Memphis

Real Deal

• Owner

Just saying RD if Ron passed it back to Kobe outside it would've been one on one between Kobe and OJ and I take those chances since Kobe was right behind the 3 pt line arc.

I doubt there was enough time for that. Once Ron pump-faked on his shot, Bryant would've been at the three (giving Kobe time to get there). But right after that pump-fake, Ron had to shoot the ball immediately.

I don't see how he would have enough time to hit Kobe with a pass, then Bryant put that shot up, given the fact that Kobe needed to come back out to the three to begin with. Too much defensive attention around him.

Bryant should've just taken the shot to tie the game. I can think of two or three other times where Ron has failed to hit a big game-winning three, out of the four I can remember him taking to begin with. I would take a Kobe 15-footer over that any day of the week, no matter who is in his face.

I took what your saying RD looked back at the replay. You were right. Because after the first pump fake by Ron their was two seconds left. Which would've been very little time for a pass from Ron to Kobe and even if the pass was fast enough to get to Kobe it would've been near impossible to make that shot with little time left.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5868850

Ron Artest is the furthest thing from clutch, and should be the last guy Kobe passes the ball to. I would much rather have him take that shot. In two of our last three loses Kobe has passed the ball to Ron and he has disappointed, which doesn't come as a surprise. What I don't understand in this one is why Kobe chose to dribble into the middle when he had a one-one situation with Mayo and a whole bunch of space to operate on his right.

Edited by Confidence

Looking at the replay, I see what Kobe tried to do now. The defense did collapse toward Kobe, and it was actually a good idea to pass it out to Artest because he was in the short corner three position. He had after all just made his last three. What happened though was that Kobe's pass was slightly to the left, forcing Artest to reposition. The time spent repositioning gave Gay enough time to recover and make Artest 2nd guess the first shot.

Still Kobe should've just done it all. Think we're just kind of spoiled though after last season where we won all of these types of games.