LA Lakers at Memphis

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Lakers trail by 2 at the end of the second quarter. the score is 49-51. I think it's not a really good game for them right now. they're not playing good defense and Conley is already with 13 points. Good job from Ron Artest closing Rudy Gay who right now has 8 points in 22 minutes. Kobe is on fire with 19 points 6 rebounds and 3 assists. Pau Gasol is not really impressive this far with only 8 points but is doing a fine job on the glass with 8 boards.

Hope they could play better defense in the second half. they can't lose another game and extend their losing streak. Let's end it tonight by winning it strong on the road to build a big winning streak. Let's go Lakers

Not Kobe's fault but, he can't score like he used to. Won't even score 40 this game <_<.

He's doing it all alone tonight because no one's moving on offense. He's trying to score by himself. No one wants the ball so kobe got to step up. Pau Gasol is not really energetic in this game. Ron Ron is doing a fine job right now. 21 points in 2 quarters is really possible for Kobe. I think he could score 40. If the team is not waking up, he'll put the Lakers on his back

Kobes efficiency days are long gone. 43 % on the year and hes consistently having poor shooting nights. It will take him 20 shots to score 20 points. I dont see how you can label him as the best player in the league anymore.

Hes still a top ten player, but hes not a dominant scorer like he once was. At least at the moment he isnt, he might still get back on track.

Edited by kingfish

Kobes efficiency days are long gone. 43 % on the year and hes consistently having poor shooting nights. It will take him 20 shots to score 20 points. I dont see how you can label him as the best player in the league anymore.

Hes still a top ten player, but hes not a dominant scorer like he once was. At least at the moment he isnt, he might still get back on track.

It's still early in the season and i'm not sure if he's 100% coming off a surgery. Gotta give him some more time IMO.

DAMN KOBE JUST TAKE THE SHOT.

Kobe was guarded by 4 guys I think Marc Gasol one of the 4 guys. Passing it out was the smart move but I would've prefer Ron passing the ball back to Kobe so he could've took that 3 for the win.

UPDATE: My fault I exaggerated. It was Randloph coming from the back of Kobe and OJ in the front of Kobe contesting the shot. Smart move to pass it out but Ron really should of gave the ball back to Kobe for that 3 for the win.

Edited by magicbalala245

• Owner

It doesn't matter who was on Bryant. There isn't a single person on this team that can make a clutch shot other than him (not even Fisher if it's the regular season). Passing out to Artest was a mistake, and while I thought it may have been a good idea against the Pacers, I've come to realize Bryant should never pass up a game-tying or game-winning shot unless he has three people on him.

I caught the last 5 minutes or so of the game. Tough loss for LA, when was the last time they lost three in a row?

LA fans, What's up with Artest? From what I have seen of him so far this season he has played really bad. Also I know the LA defense hasn't been that great, and I know not having Bynum is a big reason for that. When do you guys expect him to play?

Last 3 game skid: 3/7/10 to Miami, Charlotte, then Orlando. I thought it was before that. This is the 2nd 3-game losing streak since we got Gasol.

And Kobe should have shot that. It was right at the freethrow line, his sweet spot. Even if Mayo was playing good D, he would've made it. He was probably expecting the Memphis D to collapse on him, but Gay was able to close well on Artest. I really doubt Kobe planned to get the ball back from Artest.

Not liking what is going on here with the Los Angeles Lakers to be honest. At least a 2-5 point lead over the last three games which were the Utah Jazz, Indiana Pacers, and the Memphis Grizzles. Those games we just never got on the same page really; whatever happen to Bryant shooting the game-winning shot? Yes, I can see it shows Bryant has confidence and a lot of trust in his teammates. But, it is important to have the #1 in the Western Conf. if they are ever gonna be able to win a championship again and prove others wrong.

Lakers, just to need to focus and work on a couple of weaknesses and they will be fine. I'm always looking forward to the Lakers ending that losing-streak.