Mike Tyson v.s. Ultimate Fighting

Alright, since a lot of people are out of touch with reality, and get caught up in the UFC fight, I want to see how many people think that ANY person in UFC or any fighter like Fedor, would beat Mike Tyson, if Mike Tyson got a few months of training, even though he wouldn't need it to win.

Anyways, Mike Tyson would rape anyone of them in his prime.

If it was boxing yeah, but a guy like St. Pierre would take Tyson down and expose his weak points. The only thing i'd be afraid of is Tyson biting his ear off once he realizes he can't get out of the guard.

Mike Tyson would knock him the [expletive] out before he has a chance to knock him down, and if Mike Tyson had some training, he wouldn't be taken down.

St. Pierre would hit him with a leg kick to the head before Mike could reach over and punch him.

If it was straight up boxing, i doubt any UFC fighter could beat Mike.

Mike Tyson wouldn't fall down.

He would be in MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH better shape than anyone he would fight, and he's stronger by a mile.

Relatively speaking, any boxer would be able to beat any MMA fighter in a boxing match.

Relatively speaking, any MMA fighter would be able to beat any boxer in a Mixed Martial Arts match.

A boxer would defintely have a punchers chance if they were to fight in a MMA match, and the fight does start on its feet so he would have a chance of landing that shot. However, any MMA fighter would realize that the boxer would have a significant advantage on his feet and would immediately look to take the fight to the ground. Once the fight got on the ground the boxer would not have much of a chance to win because he would be completely outclassed. I would be willing to bet that the boxer would get submitted within 15 seconds of being on the ground just.

You say that Tyson wouldn't be able to be taken down, but that is a complete joke. If somebody like Brock Lesnar were to try and take Tyson down, Tyson would end up on his back even if you give him a couple of months to train. A couple of months of training would not be enough to make up for the years of training that all of MMA fighters put into the different aspects of MMA (like Jiu-Jitsu, Werstling, Muay Thai, Judo etc...).

The fact of the matter is that unless Tyson could manage to KO his opponent within the first minute of the fight, he would not stand a chance because after that minute, I guarantee that his opponent would manage to get the fight onto the ground and from there they will either Ground and Pound Tyson out, or they will submit him.

If by some miracle Tyson did manage to keep the fight standing then I would agree with you that he would win the fight because with those 4 oz. gloves, all Tyson has to do is connect once (it probably wouldn't even have to be a flush connection either) and the fight would be over. I just don't see how he would manage to connect before being taken down because any MMA fighter would instantly take this fight to the ground and I don't see how Tyson would be able to prevent himself from being taken down.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Mike Tyson is one of the most in shape athletes that I have ever seen during his prime, and he would definitely win.

You guys get too caught up in the UFC hype.

[expletive]s weak.

lol

You're gonna tell me a guy who has one way to win a fight is gonna beat a guy who has ten ways to win a fight.

lol

You're gonna tell me a guy who has one way to win a fight is gonna beat a guy who has ten ways to win a fight.

His one way of fighting is a [expletive] load better than any aspect of a UFC fighters way of fighting.

Not to mention I said that he'd need some time to train, but Mike Tyson would only need some basic training to pummel anyone of the UFC fighters.

His one way of fighting is a [expletive] load better than any aspect of a UFC fighters way of fighting.

Not to mention I said that he'd need some time to train, but Mike Tyson would only need some basic training to pummel anyone of the UFC fighters.

His one way of fighting would be instantly negated once whomever he was fighting took the fight to the ground, and obviously they would. Nobody would be foolish enough to even consider trying to strike with Tyson and once the bell rang they would instantly shoot for a takedown, and in all likely hood, they would succeed in getting it because Tyson would not have strong enough takedown defense in order to prevent them from getting it. Even if he did manage to stuff a takedown or two, it would only be prolonging the inevitable, which is that this fight would get taken to the mat which would mean that Tyson would be out of his comfort zone and his one major (I'm almost tempted to say only) weapon would be negated just like that.

As for you saying that he would need some time to train, in your first post you said that he wouldn't need the time to train to win:

if Mike Tyson got a few months of training,even though he wouldn't need it to win.

And just so you know, a few months of training wouldn't be nearly enough for Tyson to be able to do anything at all on the ground against people with accomplished wrestling backgrounds like Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, Georges St. Pierre, Brock Lesnar, Josh Koscheck, etc... Nor would it be nearly enough to prevent BJJ black belts and elite submission fighters like Damian Mia, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria, Frank Mir, BJ Penn etc... from slapping on one of numerous submissions that Tyson would have absolutely no chance of preventing.

With a few months of training Tyson would learn the absolute basics of BJJ and would maybe be able to last about 30 seconds on his back rather than 15. A few months of training is not even going to come close to making any sort of difference if he were to be fighting somebody that has spent years and years training these skills. A few months of training would do [expletive] all when Tyson would be faced against people that have years and years of training in disciplines that are reliant on technique and skill rather than strength and power like BJJ, and, to a lesser extent, wrestling.

Its like I said above, if Tyson could somehow, someway keep this fight standing and avoid the mat, he would win like 99% of the time but the minute that this fight went to the mat, he would lose 100% of the time because he woul just not have any sort of answer for anything that MMA fighters would throw at him. He would be submitted within 30 seconds at the most.

PS: Lol at you saying that we are all caught up in the UFC hype too much. Nobody is trying to argue that if the fight were to stay standing that the MMA guys would be eaten alive (and knowing Tyson, this could be literally and figuratively speaking), but we are just speaking logically by saying that nobody would even try to stand and bang with Tyson. If somebody was trying to argue that an MMA fighter could out strike Tyson, I would agree that they would stand absolutely no chance and whoever said that would be just buying into MMA hype. However, since we are simply saying that an MMA fighter would just take Tyson out of his comfort zone and nulify his only advantage over them, how are we caught up in hype? If anybody is caught up in anything, it is you with your blatant MMA hate.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

If it's in a UFC ring, Mike Tyson would win pretty quickly, but if it wasn't in a UFC ring, it would be game, set, match in a matter of seconds.

Mike Tyson is too quick and too strong for any UFC fighter.

:rolleyes:

You know what, screw it, you obviously don't know nearly enough about MMA to even have a knowledgeable discussion with, so I will just leave it be and not bother responding to this because I can see that you will probably just use the same reasoning as to why Tyson would "destroy" any MMA fighter no matter what type of points that I make.

I will just say a couple of things before I am done responding to this thread.

1) If the fight never went to the ground and stayed on its feet for the duration, yes, Mike Tyson would definitely win the fight and probably win it quickly.

2) The minute the fight gets taken to the ground, and it would, Mike Tyson would be finished just as quickly as the fight would if it were to stay on the feet.

:rolleyes:

You know what, screw it, you obviously don't know nearly enough about MMA to even have a knowledgeable discussion with, so I will just leave it be and not bother responding to this because I can see that you will probably just use the same reasoning as to why Tyson would "destroy" any MMA fighter no matter what type of points that I make.

I will just say a couple of things before I am done responding to this thread.

1) If the fight never went to the ground and stayed on its feet for the duration, yes, Mike Tyson would definitely win the fight and probably win it quickly.

2) The minute the fight gets taken to the ground, and it would, Mike Tyson would be finished just as quickly as the fight would if it were to stay on the feet.

You're correct, the fight would be brought to the ground with Brock Lesner or whoever is fighting Mike Tyson laying on the ground getting hit one last time.

• 3 weeks later...

this is like balrog vs zangief or ryu lol. :)

even though tyson would have a good chance of being submitted, just his sheer strength, speed, and ability to bob and weave like no other would always keep him in the fight no matter what. it would suck to see mike tyson lose to some no name ufc just because they are trained in a lot of different areas though.

but i agree that tyson would probably lose more if he was in the ufc and was strictly a boxer. my question is though wasn't chuck liddel like purely a brawler and he was fairly succesful in teh ufc? from the fights i saw of him he always kept his distance from fighters that were good at takedowns and submissions and would try and knock them out, and if he did get control on teh ground it seemed like he never went for a submission and just pummeled you to the ref stopped the fight.

Edited by billt chamberlain