Toronto at Charlotte

Real Deal

• 3 months later...

I don't know if DeRozan has more than 2 points tonight, but he has looked really solid in my opinion. He has had 2 really nice passes where he drew the defense towards him and threw a pin point pass to a teammate. The first one was him pushing the ball up the court, getting into the heart of the defense and getting Weems a wide open three. He also just had a great bounce pass to Johnson for the dunk. I've been really impressed with his passing so far tonight as we usually don't see this kind of playmaking from him. Hopefully he can continue to build on this and it can become a part of his game int he coming weeks. It will make him a much more effective scorer.

Also, Bayless has been awesome. I definitely can't say that I thought he would be this productive for the Raptors. He has been abusing Augustine all night long, making plays for others, draining jumpers and finishing in traffic. I didn't see the previous two games, but he has looked awesome so far as a starter. I want Calderon moved even more now just so that he gets extended minutes. He deserves it based on how he has played since the trade.

I love the 4th quarter lineup where the Raptors have Weems and Kleiza on the floor together. They really do everything possible to prevent the Raptors from winning. They are great tank commanders.

The only problem is that Barbosa is playing too well in the 4th as of late and is offsetting their brutal play.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

This team is pure gold.

No matter what happens, they always hilariously [expletive] up at the end of games. Even when something good happens, they find a way to royally screw it up, like Bargnani grabbing an offensive board and then proceeding to throw the ball out of bounds immediately afterwards even though he could've just went up and dunked it. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Well...Bayless screwed that up. :lol:

Meh, I'm ok with that. He definitely played like dog poo down the stretch, but at least it was because he was being over aggressive instead of completely passive like Calderon usually plays. He had a pretty good game all things considered, he just tried to do too much down the stretch, which I can live with.

Can you really blame him, though? Bargnani was awful all night, Johnson is a garbage points/hustle guy on offense, DeRozan is too passive to look to take over and Weems is too much of a blackhole to give the ball to late in games. Taking Barbosa out was just a horrible move on Triano's part because it basically put all of the offensive pressure on Bayless to create for everybody while still looking for his own offense. He isn't developed enough at the point guard spot to do both of those at the same time, especially in the late stages of a close game.

Horrible second half for us. I mean.. Bargnani was off all night long, there were some of our players who could of stepped up but they give up our lead once again. I hate that. Anyways, #1 pick is getting closer everytime we lose so there is no need to get mad even though I prefer when my favorite team wins. Sounds logical

Stop posting pictures of players other than Irving!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

In a related note, this was basically the perfect night for the Tank Nation. Raptors lose to a team behind them in the standings, Detroit wins and Philly wins as well. Raptors go from 9th to 11th in one night. :D