San Antonio at Denver

Real Deal

Wow refs completely jobbed Melo of his game winner. Smart move by Melo to get an easy shot like that. Usually ref's swallow the whistle and let the players finish the game and that's the way it should be.

That was a clear charge, that call needed to be made.

Wow refs completely jobbed Melo of his game winner. Smart move by Melo to get an easy shot like that. Usually ref's swallow the whistle and let the players finish the game and that's the way it should be.

You have got to say that's the right call though. Just because that's the usual thing to do doesn't mean it's the correct thing to do.

It was an offensive foul... Gino got his feet set...

Melo's a monster though... noone can deny he's clutch(est) but maybe he should have pulled up for a jumper. Players are driven by instinct... I'm sure at the time Melo's instict told him to drive in.

Great game, at least the Nuggets competed when they could have thrown in the towel down by 9 with 3 (?) mins left.

Wow refs completely jobbed exceptional Spurs defense completely jobbed Melo of his game winner. Smart move by Melo to get an easy shot like that. Usually ref's swallow the whistle and let the players finish the game and that's the way it should be what happened. Ginobili's outstanding defensive rotation finished the game.

I had to fix your comment for veracity.

That was a clear charge, that call needed to be made.

You have got to say that's the right call though. Just because that's the usual thing to do doesn't mean it's the correct thing to do.

It was the right call but I'm just saying this is so [expletive]ing rare for a ref to call a foul like that when a shot of that magnitude goes in. We all seen it. Most refs let the players finish the game and not the official.

I'm just glad Spurs (and Nuggets put on a great game on national TV. Normally Spurs would get blown out when they play on TNT.

This game by Manu reminded me a lot of a game against New Orleans last year. Manu didn't shoot well, turned the ball over, and played bad D. When the 4th Q came around Manu made a diving save that got the Spurs an extra possesion that allowed them to win the game. Kind of like this game, Manu was sucking hard and in the 4th he made some HUGE plays.

It was the right call but I'm just saying this is so [expletive]ing rare for a ref to call a foul like that when a shot of that magnitude goes in. We all seen it. Most refs let the players finish the game and not the official.

I get what you are trying to say, but why can't a player finish the game on defense like Manu just did? The refs did not cost the Nuggets the game, the solid defensive play by Manu won the game for San Antonio.

Edited by Finch23

I get what you are trying to say, but why can't a player finish the game on defense like Manu just did? The refs did not cost the Nuggets the game, the solid defensive play by Manu won the game for San Antonio.

Maybe it's just hard for me to accept a player to decide a game like that cause so many times it's the offensive players that usually finish the games and regardless if it was a charge or not the refs wouldn't call it.

Maybe it's just hard for me to accept a player to decide a game like that cause so many times it's the offensive players that usually finish the games and regardless if it was a charge or not the refs wouldn't call it.

yeah, it is for sure a RARE call. I'm glad that the refs swallowed their whistles and made the right call. I would like to see more of it TBH. tonight it just happend to bail out my Spurs.

Manu was fouled on that inbound pass that was stolen so in a way it all balances out :D

Edited by Finch23

Seven straight for the Spurs. If they get past Denver in the rematch (in SA) and then beat Orlando on the road, it looks like the Lakers will have a shot at ending the streak.

I think Spurs drop 1 or 2 before the Lakers game. I can see them losing to a team like Memphis or @ Orlando (especially since it's the 2nd night of a b2b again.)

A piece on the final play...

http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/12/17/manu-ginobilis-walkoff-charge/

You know what I love that apparently nobody saw. There's an obvious Nuggets offensive foul on 'Melo's drive...on Al Harrington, who's simply holding on to Antonio McDyess preventing him from drawing the charge!