Miami at LA Lakers

Real Deal

I was hoping it was implied. Losses only matter to teams that aren't established because you never know how good they CAN be. We have seen how good the Heat CAN be, so at this point, a loss doesn't even matter for the Heat in the regular season. You have to realize that a lot of people that were talking [expletive] about the Heat were just saying it because they wanted it to be true.

Yeah, I agree. I just find it funny how if the Heat lost, people would be all over the Heat saying they can't beat the NBA elites, but since they won it's just like "oh, it's just a regular season game." Yes, it is just a regular season game, and a loss for the Heat would have been the same, but no one would have seen it that way.

And isn't it weird that the Heat outrebounded the Lakers (by 1, but still)?

Very [expletive]ing disappointed with the [expletive]ing Lakers. Gasol like [expletive]ing always seriously is never ready for a [expletive]ing big game that involves physicality. Lakers couldn't knock down shots rebound the ball wall and were pissing, [expletive]ing, moaning and crying. Kobe also had a [expletive]ing terrible game also. Give Miami defense the [expletive]ing credit they [expletive]ing they [expletive]ing shut down our big man. There is no reason why Gasol should be getting outworked by [expletive]ing Big Z and Juan Howard. This is [expletive]ing pathetic and and like Magic said this game was circled for months and to come out with a [expletive]ing performance like this is just [expletive]ing sad. Make that two [expletive]ing years in a row the Lakers have [expletive]ing disappointed us fans on big games.

Edited by magicbalala245

Heat dominated the game, props to them.

Game means little to the Lakers, as already stated. The same people who put meaning into this game are probably the same people counting us out last year when Cleveland owned us on Christmas. That being said, Miami is going to be a forced to be reckoned with, especially when Mike Miller and UD get healthy.

As for the Lakers, there are obviously issues that need to be addressed. Pau's play today was absolutely embarrassing. Hopefully Drew recovers quick because we definitely needed him out there tonight. And Ron Artest cannot make a layup to save his life.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree. I just find it funny how if the Heat lost, people would be all over the Heat saying they can't beat the NBA elites, but since they won it's just like "oh, it's just a regular season game." Yes, it is just a regular season game, and a loss for the Heat would have been the same, but no one would have seen it that way.

And isn't it weird that the Heat outrebounded the Lakers (by 1, but still)?

The Lakers did play like [expletive], and I am not happy about it. When people talk about a loss for the Heat, they are only doing it for two reasons:

1. They hadn't proven themselves yet

2. It is fun to talk [expletive] about the Heat at the moment

I'm telling all the Heat fans, don't take it so personally. Us Lakers fans have put up with it for years(even when our team sucked, people still hated on us :lol: ). When people talk [expletive] about your team, it is usually a sign of jealousy(unless your team is REALLY bad, like a last place team). I'll admit, I wanted to see the Heat fail more than anything, which is part of the reason why I hated on them(and still do!). I am sure most people are the same

As Artesticle pointed out, this game shows that Miami is a really good team, but it doesn't show anything about the Lakers(if the Lakers continue to struggle against good teams though, it could show something)

Edited by Lkr

OK, imagine if the Lakers won this game. This topic would be more like this

1. This trio blows

2. The Heat can't beat any quality teams

3. Kobe is so much better than Lebron

4. The Heat can't rebound or defend dominant low post players

5. Whatever else you could think of

But the just Lakers lost by about 20 points,on their home court. Its not "just a regular season game". It was a statement game for both teams...and our statement was tthat we just destroyed the defeding champions in all phases of the game. The Lakers showed they were scared, they had no emotion, they made no runs. They were completely shut down. Thats pretty big for us considering all the crap we have been taking. Also, Lebron just got another triple double. Guys might hate him, but its pretty easy to see all the doubters only inspire him.

Edited by SRV

Lol, the mighty excuse train has arrived. Let me just get the good ones out of the way here before they start:

1. Its just a regular season game

2. The Lakers don't try until the playoffs

3. Bynum isn't healthy yet

Merry Christmas everyone :).

Stop trying to start [expletive] no on has made any excuses, all everyone has said is that it was only a regular nothing nore.

Edited by ChosenOne

OK, imagine if the Lakers won this game. This topic would be more like this

1. This trio blows

2. The Heat can't beat any quality teams

3. Kobe is so much better than Lebron

4. The Heat can't rebound or defend dominant low post players

5. Whatever else you could think of

But the just Lakers lost by about 20 points,on their home court. Its not "just a regular season game". It was a statement game for both teams...and our statement was tthat we just destroyed the defeding champions in all phases of the game. The Lakers showed they were scared, they had no emotion, they made no runs. They were completely shut down. Thats pretty big for us considering all the crap we have been taking. Also, Lebron just got another triple double. Guys might hate him, but its pretty easy to see all the doubters only inspire him.

There was no statement for the Lakers to make. They made the statement in Game 7 against Boston. Sorry, but no one has knocked off the champs yet. Read this: http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=291225013

Of course the Lakers showed no emotion. The game meant nothing to them! LeBron has shown over and over again that he shows up in the regular season but not the post season. If the Lakers had won, it wouldn't have meant ANYTHING in the grand scheme of things. Sure the Heat would have more doubters, but the Lakers don't have any more doubters now than they did last month.

That was last year man. They aren't the same team. When you are losing to quality teams, and to the Bucks on your home floor, you know something is up. Kobe is playing with like 30 injuries, and you can't say it won't affect him down the road.

Plus their road in the playoffs won't be easy at all. The Spurs, Mavs, Thunder, Jazz will all make them look horrible.

That was last year man. They aren't the same team. When you are losing to quality teams, and to the Bucks on your home floor, you know something is up. Kobe is playing with like 30 injuries, and you can't say it won't affect him down the road.

Plus their road in the playoffs won't be easy at all. The Spurs, Mavs, Thunder, Jazz will all make them look horrible.

You can't underestimate the heart of a champion. What also makes Kobe as a great player is his killer instinct and winning mentality. Nobody could stop him when he's in his world

its true that lakers will most likely get it rollin come playoff time (bynum showed glimpses of how good this matchup could be for him if he was 100% healthy)

but this isnt the same as the cavs defeat, this team has 3 elite superstars who work on both ends of the floor, not mo williams as the 2nd best player, so that jab is as ridiculous as people thinking this game showed us who is the best team in the league

Of course the Lakers showed no emotion. The game meant nothing to them!

Every game should mean something to them.... you don't keep winning championships by taking things lightly. It's not like they have been playing spectacular, I don't understand your theory on not caring about games just because the title is in "our" possession.

I find it hard to believe as a team they walk into this game thinking ya we don't really care if we win or lose it means nothing if we don't protect our home court against a team that hasn't won anything. You would assume as champions they would come out strong and remind everyone that yes they are still the champs, it's really not the best game to take a backseat in IMO.

The Lakers are notorious for losing to [expletive]ty teams. Have fun predicting the doom of the Lakers though, Cleveland's Finest shall fill you in on the details from his plan.

• Like 1

Lakers are not guaranteed to make it to the NBA Finals I don't know why is everyone saying this. And this was not just regular game that some people are saying. Laker players and fans wanted this win ever since the schedule was released. Lakers have to meet Spurs in the playoffs just to get back to the Finals. I won't even throw in Dallas cause some way some how they always choke in the playoffs even with their deep talented roster they have. And the Spurs are for real they are not a team to throw to the side. But same goes for Miami. They still have to go through Boston. In my honest opinion Boston regardless of the lose as much I hate to say it is the best team in the NBA right now when healthy. Rondo just makes everyone clicks and Boston seems to step it up to a whole another level when they see Miami just even enter the arena. As of right now Lakers wouldn't even sniff the NBA Finals they way they are playing. but there is plenty of basketball left to fix these errors they make. Hopefully when April is around Lakers will be clicking on all cylinders but as of right now Lakers are not showing any dominance what's so ever.

Well I'm not like some of you Laker fans on this site, I take this lose to heart. Yeah sure we got killed, and have done the killing on Christmas the last couple seasons, and we've won the NBA Championship regardless. I know for a fact that Phil and Kobe wil be ready come playoff time, but there are certainly alot of things to be concerned about.

The Heat exposed our pick and roll defense today. LeBron and Wade got to the rack at will, and if that didnt happen they were willing passers which resulted in open looks for other guys. The Lakers defense was running around with our heads chopped the entire game. We literally couldn't figure it out the entire game.

It's nice to see that Pau is back to being a [expletive]. He didn't finish around the rim, he rarely contest any damn shot, and on top of that he was getting blown by by guys like Juwan Howard. Just a complete lack of effort and willingness to be physical. As I said earlier Bynum was two times that player he was tonight.

I don't know if it's only me, but Ron Artest's play this season has been infuriating. What I would give for an guy like Batum......The lack of an athletic wing player is really hurting us. Ron got to the rim a couple times but his fat [expletive] simply just couldn't dunk it, and on top he cant shot a open shot to save his life.

This game was simply painful to watch. Laker fans can say that this game doesn't mean [expletive], but I can bet you that this win is going to do wonders from Miami's morale. At this point the Lakers are the third best team in the West let alone the league.

• Like 3

There was no statement for the Lakers to make. They made the statement in Game 7 against Boston. Sorry, but no one has knocked off the champs yet. Read this: http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=291225013

Of course the Lakers showed no emotion. The game meant nothing to them! LeBron has shown over and over again that he shows up in the regular season but not the post season. If the Lakers had won, it wouldn't have meant ANYTHING in the grand scheme of things. Sure the Heat would have more doubters, but the Lakers don't have any more doubters now than they did last month.

[/thread] And I'm not even a Lakers fan.

Ok I understand the Lakers play well in the playoffs, but you have to admit they look like total garbage so far. All teams are making moves to compete with the Lakers, trios are forming everywhere. The Lakers are falling behind and I am sure you guys see it too. PLaying this way, you would be lucky to make it out of the first round.

If they show no emotion because its not the playoffs, they should just pay their fans that spent about $500 to see them today. No team goes out and throws a game because its not the playoffs, they got outplayed early and gave up. That is not the sign of an NBA champion.

Edited by SRV

^they are basically guaranteed a spot in the playoffs though, meaning they can make the Finals. Making the playoffs in the NBA is a lot easier than the NFL and MLB.

No one is saying they will not make the playoffs. And making the playoffs with our team is not even a goal of ours. However if Lakers keep this [expletive]ing inconsistency up get ready for either a 2nd round or WCF early exit for the Lakers. Only reason why all us Laker fans are believing they can turn it around so quickly is because we have seen it numerous times. But how many times is a turn around gonna be needed every season for once I just wanna see a Laker season with minimal struggles and not getting blown out like this. It seem like when Lakers struggle they just flat out break down and get embarrassed like today. Hopefully this is not the year/team that [expletive]s up the 3 Peat streak for Phil when Phil wins the first title a streak of a 3 Peat begins.

Lol, the mighty excuse train has arrived. Let me just get the good ones out of the way here before they start:

1. Its just a regular season game

2. The Lakers don't try until the playoffs

3. Bynum isn't healthy yet

Merry Christmas everyone :).

LMAO man you just NAILED IT haha. I was thinking the same thing reading through this thread. +1 from me

Lakers were flat and just got dominated by the miami crew. You play to win the game, its as simple as that.