Washington at Philadelphia

Real Deal

• 4 months later...

I'm not gonna whine about this one. Just goes to show the young guys you HAVE to close out at the end. Sooner or later (probably later) they'll realize this and we'll start winning more ballgames.

Shard looks much more comfortable in Washington.

Looks like Wall did good on offense, but did he have that much trouble with Jrue, or...?

Nope, it all came off pick n rolls. That's what Philly ran the entire game, and our big men had no idea had to cover it. Was truly a pathetic showing on defense. The problem is, both of our big men have the same problems on defense, and it's killing us.

And honestly, I think it's time for Flip to get fired. He clearly cannot get this team to play basic fundamental basketball, guys aren't cutting off the baseline, they aren't rotating properly, and the zone defense he's trying to run is not working at all.

Nope, it all came off pick n rolls. That's what Philly ran the entire game, and our big men had no idea had to cover it. Was truly a pathetic showing on defense. The problem is, both of our big men have the same problems on defense, and it's killing us.

And honestly, I think it's time for Flip to get fired. He clearly cannot get this team to play basic fundamental basketball, guys aren't cutting off the baseline, they aren't rotating properly, and the zone defense he's trying to run is not working at all.

I second the firing of Flip Saunders. The only argument for not firing him is that he has a proven track record developing young players, but for whatever reason that's not happening. The team plays without motivation. The team played so well when Flip didn't coach in the game vs. Indiana, and then what do you know, two days later we get run out by the same squad but only with Flip coaching. I'm not sure who would take over at this point in the season, maybe Wittman?

Edited by Yogi

I second the firing of Flip Saunders. The only argument for not firing him is that he has a proven track record developing young players, but for whatever reason that's not happening. The team plays without motivation. The team played so well when Flip didn't coach in the game vs. Indiana, and then what do you know, two days later we get run out by the same squad but only with Flip coaching. I'm not sure who would take over at this point in the season, maybe Wittman?

Well I certainly don't believe he has a "proven" track record for developing young guys, he has always been mediocre in that regard IMO. He's the type who needs to have veteran players on his roster in order to compete. That's why he originally took the job in DC, because we had guys like Arenas, Jamison, and Butler..

And I also don't think you can use the Indiana game as a reason to say we would be better without Flip. That's just a small sample size, we're a terrible road team because we lack any sort of consistency and don't play with any motivation. Even with Flip being fired, we'll still be a terrible team with very little improvement, but at least Wittman can get the most out of the young guys and fix a few mistakes within the defense.