Houston at Boston

Real Deal

• 4 months later...

No shot tonight for the Rockets.

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen

Kevin Martin out tonight with sore right wrist. ABrooks will play. Brad Miller questionable w sore left knee. #hounews

KMartin took a fall vs. Utah. X-rays after gm were negative. Thought he's improve today but has no strength in wrist at all. #hounews

Brad Miller out. Rockets down to four bigs, including Jeffries. No word on starting two-guard. Brooks possible.

No KGarnett for Celtics. Mini Rockets will still look Boston bigs in the chin.

Similar situation last year when the Rockets went to play the Celtics and won in OT. That was a fantastic game which had Battier, and Martin sidelined at the tail end of the year.

Aaron Brooks went off that night, Budinger did as well. Also Jordan Hill had some key blocks, that was my favorite game last season. Same thing will have to happen tonight, except last year Chuck Hayes did a great job on D and well we don't have him either.

Expecting to see more T Will. Most probably will be a long and ugly night for the Rockets who flew all the way to Boston to play one game and fly all the way back home after that... :blink:

Fantastic effort so far. This game is just like last year, Rockets getting contributions from unexpected guys.

Props to Jared Jeffries he's always getting clowned on when really he does the little things, something that Chuck Hayes would do for the Rockets he is doing tonight.

I really hope they hold on for the win, they deserve it tonight playing very hard.

WIN OF THE YEAR!

Rockets needed this win so bad. I don't know what it is about playing undermanned in Boston that gets this teams juices flowing but it happened again. Last year they played a brilliant game as well, and this year they match it by keeping up with a 16-2 Boston team when they play at home.

True team effort felt like last year, 7 players in double digits.

Battier- 10

Scola- 12

Hill- 12

Brooks- 24

Lowry- 17

Budinger- 13

Patterson- 10

Amazing night for AB on a solid return after Martin was not cleared to play. Budinger shooting the ball really well again, and Patterson is awesome. He had a huge block and the guy just doesn't miss. Hes 24-35 shooting over 70% for his career lol the guy is money on the pick and pop.

Also Jared Jeffries can contribute to this team and deserves some more credit for being prepared to even play. This guy wants a trade or a buyout and I don't blame him, but staying in good spirits and competing through all that much respect.

• Owner

A defensive-minded team, one that targets the superstar (like Boston) will have trouble beating a team without a true primary scoring option a lot of times. It makes sense...just walking into a game, it feels like a "trap game" that you really don't have a game plan for. Who do you look to stop? And it really extends beyond those defensive teams, too.

It seemed that way for the Cavaliers this season, too, back in late October and early November. Teams did start to figure them out, though, and now they are among the worst in the league.

It's not that big of a surprise to me. I've seen the Lakers win games without Bryant or Gasol, saw Houston almost knock us out of the playoffs a couple of years ago without Yao Ming...so it was likely that the Celtics would struggle.

Of course, missing Garnett is a big deal because there's no Perkins in the frontcourt, but a team with Pierce, Rondo, Allen and Shaq should be able to take it to a depleted Houston team...on paper.

I agree with the theory about youngsters stepping up when injuries occur, but with a 5 game losing streak and a 16-2 Boston team at home I really didn't think the Rockets would pull off a miracle victory like they did last year. Aaron looked way better than I ever though he would, and Lowry had one of his above average offensive games. Those two things I didn't expect.