Phoenix at New York

Real Deal

• 4 months later...

STAT picked up his 12th technical foul on the season, and we're only about halfway into the season.

Yeah and the worst part is that he said before the game that he would try to calm down and he finds nothing better to do than stupidly shoving Frye at the beginning of the game...

Well anyway it's quite a very pleasant game to watch so far. The end of the 1st quarter was hard to watch (that is if you're a Knicks fan of course haha) but we got back in business right at the beginning of the second. This without Amaré ! We only made one three pointer in the first quarter but Walker and Fields both hit two 3 pters at the very beginning of the second to get us back in the game.

It's great to see Danilo back, he's been quite alright so far. Fiels and Stoudemire have been awesome, as usual.

So we're now leading 64-61 at halftime. Let's hope we're gonna keep playing that well in the second half, we need to get this one, especially after losing our last two games.

Felton has been awful lately, our troubles can be almost directly tied to that.

Frustrating to watch Douglas on a regular basis... And Walker has been our hottest player of late, need to ride him into a cold streak.

This team needs Melo. Wouldn't mind Hinrich either. 8 man rotations with what we have is super shallow.

I have a feeling the Knicks are starting to burn out. At the pace they play, an 8 man rotation will only get you so far, especially since the team only has 1 star that is used to carrying that kind of load. They'll pick it up again at some point, but I'd expect a little lull going into the all-star break.

I have a feeling the Knicks are starting to burn out. At the pace they play, an 8 man rotation will only get you so far, especially since the team only has 1 star that is used to carrying that kind of load. They'll pick it up again at some point, but I'd expect a little lull going into the all-star break.

Sounds about right. We can use a backup point guard in the worst way... Why we haven't gone after Hinrich yet is puzzling.

Sounds about right. We can use a backup point guard in the worst way... Why we haven't gone after Hinrich yet is puzzling.

Because he makes $9M per year, and with Chandler becoming a FA this summer, the need for a center and the whole Carmelo saga, it's not an area of immediate need.

why would you want to pay $17M over two years to a bench player? the Knicks could definitely use a backup point, but Kirk isn't the answer. they need someone who's a lot more affordable.

Yeah I think the plan is to stay put unless they're able to land Melo. They're looking to avoid large contracts in order to stay flexible over the summer, and with that, sign small pieces that will make them a stronger team (similar to what Chicago did this past offseason).

They need a Center, but it's hard to find one that would work under Mike's system. It looks like Memphis will lock up Gasol after this season, so I don't see that fantasy becoming a reality. The prototypical center for this system is Varejao, but sadly his contract is not worth trading for.

• Like 1