Carlos Delfino Holding Out For $5M

http://raptors.realgm.com/articles/63/20090716/a_quick_rebuild/

Meanwhile, Carlos Delfino has apparently been offered $4 million a season by the Raptors, according to International reports. He’s holding out for $5 million a season. What part of economic recession does this character not understand? Take it and run Carlos. Colangelo should say take it or leave it and then move on to other business, this off-season is far too important to sit-and-wait for one player when there’s other players being scooped up by teams you’ll be competing against this season.

Linas Kleiza anyone?

I’d pick him up before trying to sign Delfino. He’s a guy who can do many similar things but will most likely come cheaper and would be a perfect addition to this team. He’s also only 24 years of age and would be a great backup to Turkoglu.

Speaking of backups, from everything you hear out there, it seems as if Rasho Nesterovic to Toronto is a no-brainer. He loves the city, still has a house here, and Colangelo has spoken openly during interviews about his admiration for the Slovenian centre.

If I were Delfino I would just take the $4M per season and run with it because quite frankly, I think that is a pretty generous offer on the Raptors behalf. I was thinking that he would be getting a contract offer of like 3 years at 10M or so at first so this $4M deal that the Raptors are apperantly offering him is a very good deal on Delfino's behalf in my opinion. I think that he knows the Raptors have a fairly large hole at the shooting guard spot as of right now and he is trying to milk the Raptors for as much as he can.

If the Raptors would be able to get Kleiza for $2-3M a season I would almost rather see them just go after him. Start Wright or DeRozan at the 2 guard (preferably Wright in my mind) for defensive purposes and have Kleiza as the back up small forward for Turkoglu. Wright isn't that good of a player but at least he is an above average defender for his position and the Raptors wouldn't have to over pay (in my opinion) for Delfino.

Good news about the Rasho thing (although I already expected that it would be a sure thing that he would be back). Rasho was a favourite of mine during his last stint with the team and I think that he would be a very good back up cetner for Bargnani and a great veteran leader. I may be bias but whatever lol.

Anyways, thoughts on this? Do you think that Delfino is worth $5M per season?

Edited by Built Ford Tough

How are we offering Kleiza the suggested 2-3 mill? We used almost our whole MLE on Jack didn't we? If that's possible we should be doing that. Delfino is being a douche, I heard he was mad how he was the Raptors last priority this off-season so he is looking for more money now I guess. He is nuts if he thinks he is worth damn near an entire MLE. Pursuing Joey Graham might not be a bad idea either?

Anyways I figure Carlos will take the 4 mill we are offering, or we wind up giving him 4.5 meet him halfway or something. Still, Delfino as a starting SG is not a thing I like to see :(

On a side note Bargs looked nice the other night against Sweden.

How are we offering Kleiza the suggested 2-3 mill? We used almost our whole MLE on Jack didn't we? If that's possible we should be doing that. Delfino is being a douche, I heard he was mad how he was the Raptors last priority this off-season so he is looking for more money now I guess. He is nuts if he thinks he is worth damn near an entire MLE. Pursuing Joey Graham might not be a bad idea either?

Anyways I figure Carlos will take the 4 mill we are offering, or we wind up giving him 4.5 meet him halfway or something. Still, Delfino as a starting SG is not a thing I like to see :(

On a side note Bargs looked nice the other night against Sweden.

Ahh crap, I completely forgot about the Jack signing lol (everything that I have read has basically said that the Pacers won't match). The most the Raptors could offer Kleiza would be their Bi-Annual Exception which is about $1.9M. Even then, I think that Kleiza could be had for that much because to be perfectly honest, I don't think that there are a lot of teams that are knocking Kleiza and his agent off of their feet with offers.

But yeah my bad on the Kleiza thing. I completely forgot about the Jack signing lol.