Rank the Big 3 of the East

Boston-Cleveland-Orlando

IMO all three are pretty close.

#1 Boston - They took the Eastern Conference Champs, Orlando Magic, to 7 games, without their best player, Kevin Garnett. This year, they get him back healthy, added Rasheed Wallace, who will try to prove to his critics he can still play at a high level. Made a great move signing Marquis Daniels, who was a steal. And let Stephon Marbury walk. If Rondo and Perkins continue to develop, they will be even scarier.

#2 Orlando - Defending Eastern Conference Champs. Lost to the Lakers in 5, but could have very well pushed the series to 7 if Lee didn't miss his layup in Game 2, and if they made a free throw down the stretch in Game 4. Was skeptical about the Vince Carter trade at first, but looking at their roster, Otis Smith has done a fine job preparing them for next season. They are probably the deepest team in the league. With the signing of Bass, and retaining FA Gortat, along with Ryan Anderson from the VC trade, they have a very deep and dangerous front court, coupled with Dwight Howard. With Nelson back healthy, they gain another allstar, and he will surely be a big upgrade over Alston.

#3 Cleveland - I thought they were overrated last year, and obviously they proved me right. I like what they did this offseason, trading scraps for Shaquille O'Neal. Anthony Parker was a low key signing, but it was a smart move. They pretty much kept the entire team from last year together, and added Shaq and Parker. They obviously improved, anybody trying to spin the Shaq trade as a negative for the Cavs are just nit picking IMO. He will give Lebron help next year, as long as he stays healthy. I wouldn't be too surprised if CLE ended up with the best record in the league again, to be honest. But I don't see them beating Boston or Orlando in a 7 game series.

Edited by Jagmit

1. Boston - Even if they lose Davis and/or Powe, Daniels and Wallace were awesome pickups and you can't forget Rondo's improvement. KG will come back better than ever.

2. Cleveland - Improved by getting the 3rd best center in Shaq in the league and veteran in Parker. A dominant inside force and a shooting wing were needs this off season. Both were addressed.

3. Orlando - Signing Bass and getting VC are huge, but what they lost was more than what they gained. You lose Turkogolu who caused mismatches during Cleveland. Delonte West/Anythony Parker now guard VC instead of Hedo, virtually taking away the height mismatch.

This is such a close race. In the end I think Cleveland and Orlando will face in the ECF though. Boston has done so much, but I think the old vets will be worn down. They'll be eliminated by Cleveland or Orlando in the conf. semis. Cavs win the ECF and go to the finals where they win.

1 - BOSTON - i thought if KG was healthy last year, they would have pushed lakers to limit and possibly win it ... this year with KG healthy, and then Sheed, and then daniels ... they are clearly in my mind the team to beat in the east. they will be very tough.

2 - ORLANDO - people are underestimating dwight howard ... 1 more year of experience for DH12 ... hopefully he will be playing even better ball next year with a better low post game (and hitting FTS) ... replace hedo with VC where VC is superior in pretty much every category except height (yes, VC is unselfish and can play point and bring ball up the court too) and a healthy Nelson will be key .... hopefully their bench will bring it and compete with Boston

2A - CLEVELAND - they are right there with ORL ... mainly because Lebron is sick of losing and a motivated lebron will be SCARY for opposing teams ... I can see lebron dominating even more this year .. like 30, 8 and 8 ... shaq will bring a low post threat and mismatches and just the aura of him on the court will scare opponents

teams to look out for?

Toronto - jose, bosh, bargs and hedo is scary on paper ... with a nice bench too ... on paper TOR is a good team ... but i said that last year too so .. lets see

Washington - VERY deep ... mike miller and randy foye and stevenson and haywood off the bench? look out ...

Boston-Cleveland-Orlando

IMO all three are pretty close.

#1 Boston - They took the Eastern Conference Champs, Orlando Magic, to 7 games, without their best player, Kevin Garnett. This year, they get him back healthy, added Rasheed Wallace, who will try to prove to his critics he can still play at a high level. Made a great move signing Marquis Daniels, who was a steal. And let Stephon Marbury walk. If Rondo and Perkins continue to develop, they will be even scarier.

#2 Orlando - Defending Eastern Conference Champs. Lost to the Lakers in 5, but could have very well pushed the series to 7 if Lee didn't miss his layup in Game 2, and if they made a free throw down the stretch in Game 4. Was skeptical about the Vince Carter trade at first, but looking at their roster, Otis Smith has done a fine job preparing them for next season. They are probably the deepest team in the league. With the signing of Bass, and retaining FA Gortat, along with Ryan Anderson from the VC trade, they have a very deep and dangerous front court, coupled with Dwight Howard. With Nelson back healthy, they gain another allstar, and he will surely be a big upgrade over Alston.

#3 Cleveland - I thought they were overrated last year, and obviously they proved me right. I like what they did this offseason, trading scraps for Shaquille O'Neal. Anthony Parker was a low key signing, but it was a smart move. They pretty much kept the entire team from last year together, and added Shaq and Parker. They obviously improved, anybody trying to spin the Shaq trade as a negative for the Cavs are just nit picking IMO. He will give Lebron help next year, as long as he stays healthy. I wouldn't be too surprised if CLE ended up with the best record in the league again, to be honest. But I don't see them beating Boston or Orlando in a 7 game series.