LA Lakers at New York

Real Deal

first thing I want to say is I'm glad Randolph got some playing time tonight. it was a measly five minutes, but he got in the game nonetheless. in his time on the floor, he scored 4 points on 2-3 shooting and picked up a steal.

Felton was the player of the game for the Knicks, scoring 20 points on 7-12 shooting and picking up 7 assists and 3 steals. Toney Douglas, on the other hand, was a bitter disappointment with 4 points on 1-6 shooting. New York needs to get themselves a backup point guard who knows how the play. Sebastian Telfair would be great in my opinion, and if Minnesota is desperate for Randolph, maybe they could work something out. hopefully, the Knicks would be able to get more out of that deal than just Telfair, though.

the biggest disappointment of the night was Gallinari. I don't know what that guy was thinking, but he went 4-15 and shot 0-6 from three point land. obviously, it was an off night for him, but if Denver wants him included in a package for Melo, then by all means, give him away.

the Knicks just can't contain Kobe. that's been their biggest problem for the past few years now. they don't have a solid perimeter defender who can stop the big time scoring guards in the league. I saw Felton guarding Kobe for awhile and couldn't help but to think, 'wtf?' Felton's a good five or six inches shorter and there's nothing he could have done to contain Kobe. I don't know what D'Aintoni was thinking with that assignment.

New York is still a few good players away from becoming a championship contender. getting Melo would give them that scorer/perimeter defender they desperately need, but they could also use a backup point guard and an upgrade at the center position.

the Knicks losing by nearly 20 points at MSG when Fisher and Artest combine for just 4 points is inexcusable. their defense was atrocious, and for that, I blame D'Antoni. they should definitely consider looking into new coaches this offseason. I don't think Mike has what it takes to get these guys deep into the playoffs.

anytime Kobe, Gasol, and Odom combined for 67 points, you're going to lose, and that's exactly what happened tonight. 35-85 shooting and 18 turnovers... smh.