Sacramento at Charlotte

Real Deal

• 5 months later...
  • Owner
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Gerald Wallace's locker had been cleared and reassigned. He was edited out of the pregame video and Stephen Jackson replaced him as the last player introduced.

For a night, at least, the Charlotte Bobcats didn't need their former All-Star forward. With Jackson scoring 30 points, D.J. Augustin adding 23 and Gerald Henderson stepping up in Wallace's place, the undermanned Bobcats pulled away to beat the Sacramento Kings 110-98 on Friday.

But life without Wallace, the last original member of the 7-year-old franchise, was a jolt to nearly everyone involved in the organization.

"Me and Gerald had a routine. We go out, walk out, warm up together," Jackson said. "It felt different not having my brother here with me, man."

A day after trading their second-leading scorer to Portland, the Bobcats pulled away in the fourth quarter despite dressing only eight players. Henderson, replacing Wallace in the starting lineup, scored 10 of his 21 points in the final period.

Kwame Brown, the only available center, added 12 points and 13 rebounds and Charlotte moved within a half-game of Indiana for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20110225_SAC@CHA