New York at Miami

Real Deal

In the NBA, a win's a win in the regular season. Whether it is against CLE, or MIA, it still counts as 1 win (as opposed to college, where you can ascend in rankings, get dropped from the top 25 with a bad loss, etc. etc.). I realize that it's a big win after losing to CLE, and that it gives the team confidence, but we can't act like we just won the playoff series against them. Still a long season, and the Knicks need to show they can also 'get up for' and take care of the games against the weaker opponents. They NEED to win these games against the shitty teams because you're not always going to beat the Boston's, LA's, S.A.'s, MIA's, and Orlando's of the league.

Just a terrible effort after the first quarter, but this is the norm whenever an Erik Spoelstra team gets ahead. For some reason we always seem to let our foot off the pedal instead of going in for the kill. Big ups to the Knicks for staying in it all night and then taking advantage of us late in the game. Just another case of us looking like we're going to run a team out of the building and then getting complacent because we're up by double digits.

Bosh made a horrible play at the end but he was great tonight. 20 and 12 on 53% shooting. I'm getting tired of giving Wade a free pass after he's a no-show in big games. Its getting old quickly.

Just a terrible effort after the first quarter, but this is the norm whenever an Erik Spoelstra team gets ahead. For some reason we always seem to let our foot off the pedal instead of going in for the kill. Big ups to the Knicks for staying in it all night and then taking advantage of us late in the game. Just another case of us looking like we're going to run a team out of the building and then getting complacent because we're up by double digits.

Bosh made a horrible play at the end but he was great tonight. 20 and 12 on 53% shooting. I'm getting tired of giving Wade a free pass after he's a no-show in big games. Its getting old quickly.

I don't think it was necessarily the fact that Wade or the team got 'complacent'...They just flat out missed shots (many of them wide-open) in the 2nd half. You can credit the Knicks defense a bit, it did improve a lot since Friday against the Cavs, but the Heat still just missed a lot of shots. I don't think it was necessarily complacency. They just missed easy shots like for example Chalmers fast break layup, or Mike Miller missing a few open 3's...

I don't think it was necessarily the fact that Wade or the team got 'complacent'...They just flat out missed shots (many of them wide-open) in the 2nd half. You can credit the Knicks defense a bit, it did improve a lot since Friday against the Cavs, but the Heat still just missed a lot of shots. I don't think it was necessarily complacency. They just missed easy shots like for example Chalmers fast break layup, or Mike Miller missing a few open 3's...

The Knics deserve all the credit in the world for taking advantage of us when they could. Its just frustrating to see a team that you know you're better than (no offense guys) come into your place and beat you because you let up and started making stupid mistakes down the stretch.

Only time you will ever see me say this....go Heat. It would be cool to see the Sixers listed as #6 in the standings.

:blink:

What was the last film he made?

Kobe doin' work? LOL...

Not funny.

Knicks couldn't outrebound a WNBA team.

Still not funny.

crazy. karma's a bitch. gets you every time. it's not good to wish bad on anybody. god sees everything.

How DARE you steal my gimmick?!?!

Big Shot Billups played big in the last couple minutes, never thought the Knicks would be able to win tonight by the way they played their last game but def proved me wrong. Always good to see LBJ lose.

Let me guess, you really thought the Suns had a chance to get him this summer right?!

SMH @ people still bitching about "The Decision". Much less people who aren't Cleveland fans.

Let me guess, you really thought the Suns had a chance to get him this summer right?!

SMH @ people still bitching about "The Decision". Much less people who aren't Cleveland fans.

How did you jump to that conclusion based on his post?

Also, people don't like LeBron because he's a selfish cocky arrogant prick who likes parade around like he's the best player with no rings or Finals wins to show for it.

Dude is a punk, don't even give me that "decision" bullshit excuse.

• Owner

The only people that like LeBron are those in Miami, and even that will change once he completes his Miami takeover, and leaves Wade looking like Gary Payton when he was in Miami.

lmao..never even imagined him going to the Suns but okay.

What LeBron did will always be a douchebag move on his part no matter what in my eyes.

Honestly my favorite game of the year so far... Great win for us !

We beat the third best team in the league (was third before the game anyhow) only in our third game since a major trade ?! This first of thanks to our defense, it was even more impressive as the Heat usually score 102 points per game. And we won thanks to a defensive clutch play. Yes the Knicks showed that they can defend indeed.

Also it's so great to finally have a good TRUE PG. It changes everything... When we think about it the last time we had one was in 95, it was Derek Harper (yes I'm perfectly aware that Marbury was a Knicks this last decade...). Chauncey might be old but he's definitely not done yet, what a game from him...

Carmelo had another great game with 29 pts, 9 rbds and 2 asts. What a game honestly what a game... I never saw Spike Lee so excited since the 90's lol.

We definitely can do great things with that team... Honestly I don't know if we're gonna make it to the second round or not, we'll have to wait and see, but I know one thing for sure : if we can beat a top team after only two games together, we definitely can beat a top team in two months.

I don't hate LeBron...only Bosh. But I can see why people do. The Decision was really gay, he should've just said where he was going in a normal press conference or something. Do it silently. You don't need your face all over ESPN for an hour for your own infomercial, that's all.

The Heat lost a 91-86 decision to the Knicks on Sunday night on their homecourt.

Miami has recently lost to Boston, Chicago and New York, as their inability to beat higher quality opponents continues to be a question.

“We will have our breakthrough,” Erik Spoesltra said. “As painful as it is right now, there will be a time when we break through, execute and win a game like this against a quality opponent going down the stretch. What you hope is that the pain of a game like this resonates enough to make a change.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211570/Spoelstra_We_Will_Have_Our_Breakthrough_Against_Quality_Opponent#ixzz1FGc7pqLQ

Like a new coach? ;)