Sacramento at San Antonio

Real Deal

• 6 months later...
  • Owner
SAN ANTONIO -- Bat scares and losses. That's all the Sacramento Kings get when they visit San Antonio.

Manu Ginobili scored 24 points, but this time took no bold swipes at a bat once again interrupting a Kings game in San Antonio, and the Spurs survived both the bat brush and Sacramento in a 108-103 win Friday night.

Last season against the Kings -- on Halloween, no less -- Ginobili swatted down a bat circling the court. But what at first was commended as fearless reflexes wound up getting Ginobili a rabies vaccination and the scorn of animal rights activists.

He wasn't making that mistake twice.

"I said, 'Not again,' " Ginobili said. "PETA insulted me. So I said this time someone else is going to take care of it."

Tony Parker scored 27 points and Tim Duncan had 15 for the Spurs. The brief bat commotion in the second quarter ended when it flew smack into a fan seated in the third row, and after that, the NBA-best Spurs had their work cut out for them against the lowly Kings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20110311_SAC@SA