2010 NBA Champions?

Mike Hawk

Cavs i can say will not make the finals. They just don't have the talent behind LeBron and no Shaq is not that guy, he is 37 and doesn't possess the ability he once had, you may say 'oh but he had 18ppg and like 8rpg last season' .. he was playing with Mr. Nash. Obviously he is going to be better in terms of scoring but then you go to Cleveland, Mo Williams is not a point guard like Nash is, he is a shoot first/almost SG.

LeBron is a excellent passer but LeBron won't be getting Shaq the looks like Nash got him, so he ain't going near that 18ppg and 8rpg region in terms of statistics. Just not possible when you have Varejao and Ilguaskas who are competing with Shaq to either start and get minutes in the Cavs rotation.

You look at the Suns line-up last season, that is another reason as to why Shaq played so well.. Amare was out and they have pretty much no solid big men other then Shaq, so Shaq got more minutes then expected. That won't happen in Cleveland so Shaq being there is pretty much useless and not going to propel them to the finals. It just won't when other teams have prepared far much better then Cleveland has.

I personally see a:

Magic v Spurs finals

They are the most prepared and best looking in terms of talent and productivity both offensive and defensive wise.

Then at a reach i say the Spurs win the championship.

Edited by Klashnekoff

• Owner

If Manu stays healthy, it's going to be very tough to beat the Spurs, and you will see a Lakers/Spurs conference finals. I would put money on that.

The safe bet is to say the Lakers and Magic will meet in the Finals. I'm not so sure if Garnett will be fine for a full season on that knee of his. Otherwise, Boston will be there.

And if Orlando is without Turkoglu, Lakers will win once again, and it'll be in six (Nelson will be back).

If it's Boston, Lakers take it in six.

If Cleveland gets to the Finals, it's because Shaq and LeBron are compatible, and that's a seven-game series for the Lakers.

I know it's not an odd year but I'm fearing the Spurs. :)

Spurs vs. Cleveland, 7 games, Spurs win... LeBron leaves Cleveland for Brooklyn to be with shared-owner Jay-Z and Witness Protection retires with an empty feeling in his larger-than-life stomach.

Maybe.

The Houston Rockets have got to be mentioned, because they gave the Lakers the most competition this playoffs. They always seem to be crippled with injuries. If Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest, and Yao Ming are healthy come playoff time, they have the ability to beat anyone. That is a big if though.

It's a toss up, for me it comes down to experience and defense, I'm taking the Spurs as they beat the Magic in 7. Both teams have definitely benefited from their respective trades this past week, making them instant contenders and favorites this year. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Lakers repeat. The Celtics can't win unless they add another piece to the big 3.

I still think the Lakers are the safest pick in the West, despite Jefferson. I don't know if the Spurs will hold up physically. I think the Celtics have one more run in them, and I think when healthy, they're better than Orlando and Cleveland, especially if Turkoglu is gone. So I'll say Boston.

Hopefully a Spurs-Cavaliers rematch from a few years ago..... realistically we know the West will probably come down the Lakers-Spurs and the East to Magic-Celtics-Cavaliers (2 of them obviously) unless something drastic happens between now and then.

I am gonna go with Cavs Spurs finals with Cavs in 6.

If Manu stays healthy, it's going to be very tough to beat the Spurs, and you will see a Lakers/Spurs conference finals. I would put money on that.

The safe bet is to say the Lakers and Magic will meet in the Finals. I'm not so sure if Garnett will be fine for a full season on that knee of his. Otherwise, Boston will be there.

And if Orlando is without Turkoglu, Lakers will win once again, and it'll be in six (Nelson will be back).

If it's Boston, Lakers take it in six.

If Cleveland gets to the Finals, it's because Shaq and LeBron are compatible, and that's a seven-game series for the Lakers.

The Lakers won't make the finals if they don't get Kidd this off-season. Simple. The moves being made by the powerhouse teams are just too great for the Lakers to combat, for one Pau cannot guard Duncan, we know this. Not to mention they added Blair who will put in work on those boards, the rebounds in that series next year will be the outcome because you know San Antonio will be there defensively and now offensively they are able to match the Lakers with 4 high scoring options when the Lakers in retrospective have really only two high scoring options that they can rely on, Bynum is inconsistent, Odom is inconsistent, Fisher is not a big time threat and unless they can get a player like Miller or Kidd who will jump start the offense and get more shots for players they will not repeat.

lol Cleveland won't make the finals.

Boston have a chance with or without signing Sheed, the ECF will be a exciting one for the ages as i see Orlando v Boston battling it out to 7. Cleveland just isn't a contender in the East with Boston and Orlando being obviously terrors in terms of offense and defense, adding a old man who won't be able to play past 30 mpg won't help ..

WCF - Lakers v Spurs

ECF - Boston v Orlando

Spurs v Orlando finals.

Thats what i predict.

I wouldn't double team Shaq personally, the guy hasn't got the speed to maneuver his way out from the high post, you catch him up there then he's useless. Also Shaq won't be guarded Dwight, he'll be fouling his [expletive] but not guarding dude.. Boston will [expletive] even worse on Shaq.

The Shaq to Cleveland trade is pretty much invaluable to Cleveland, it changes nothing much really other then making it harder for LeBron to drive as well as Mo or Delonte to the rim because Shaq is taking up space in the post.

Once LeBron leaves Cleveland is back to being a lottery team, they didn't find LeBron the right pieces and soon they will suffer.