Washington at Denver

Real Deal

• 6 months later...
  • Owner

Good win against Washington, although they are a bad team. Denver looks like they will hang on to that playoff spot. No Melo, no problem? They are playing much better defense now, and they seem to work better as a five-man unit out there, instead of one man leading the pack.

^I agree... can't ask more.

It's nice to see guys are happy playing together. They now know they're not mere role players, but part of a unit... their contribution is expected and relied on every night... they're much more willing to play defense hard every possession. In our first 14 games since trade, we were the 2nd best defensive team in the L (just a hair behind Bulls) in that stretch.

I never bought Karl's speech before every season that he wanted the Nuggets to emphasize defense... but I now believe him.

I used to think aside of great coaches like Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, coaches don't play much factor in Ws/Ls but after last season's experience when we played .500 ball after Karl was sidelined to cancer (we'd been the 2nd best team in the West), and now post Melo trade... I'd say coaching in NBA is a BIG part of Ws/ Ls.

It's also nice for arena announcer Kyle Speller to yell "Gaa-llo" chant now, replacing the famous "Mee-llo".

Edited by Multi-Billionaire