Houston at Philadelphia

Real Deal

• 6 months later...

I thought it was a great effort in the first half from the Rockets digging themselves out of a hole they opened up the game with.

I'm not really angry at the loss, the Rockets struggle against the Sixers and clearly down the stretch looked completely dead. Sixers played Lowry smart throwing double teams at him, you mix that with his fatigue and it took him completely out the game. Everything flows through Kyle these days so once you trap him at that point everyone pretty much stood around and couldn't figure out what to do.

This is where I would have loved to see Kevin Martin "take over" on the offensive end but every time you get hype for Kevin he brings you back down to reality, he doesn't demand the ball, you can't ask Kyle to make miracles happen every single time.

It's a tough loss but not surprising at all, as the third quarter was coming to a close you could tell the Rockets were running on empty.

• Like 1

I thought it was a great effort in the first half from the Rockets digging themselves out of a hole they opened up the game with.

I'm not really angry at the loss, the Rockets struggle against the Sixers and clearly down the stretch looked completely dead. Sixers played Lowry smart throwing double teams at him, you mix that with his fatigue and it took him completely out the game. Everything flows through Kyle these days so once you trap him at that point everyone pretty much stood around and couldn't figure out what to do.

This is where I would have loved to see Kevin Martin "take over" on the offensive end but every time you get hype for Kevin he brings you back down to reality, he doesn't demand the ball, you can't ask Kyle to make miracles happen every single time.

It's a tough loss but not surprising at all, as the third quarter was coming to a close you could tell the Rockets were running on empty.

In Martin's defense he was being covered by an elite defender. The rest of the team was either gassed or had nothing going for them.

In Martin's defense he was being covered by an elite defender. The rest of the team was either gassed or had nothing going for them.

Very true, I was just hoping somehow he would step up since everyone else looked dead. Well I was also hoping guys like Lee, Patterson, and Bud would pick up the slack but it just never happened. Patt found himself lost on some defense assignments and Lee hasn't been stellar lately I think he went 1-5 today the shot looks flat.

Very true, I was just hoping somehow he would step up since everyone else looked dead. Well I was also hoping guys like Lee, Patterson, and Bud would pick up the slack but it just never happened. Patt found himself lost on some defense assignments and Lee hasn't been stellar lately I think he went 1-5 today the shot looks flat.

Besides Martin and Scola there is virtually no one on the roster capable of taking over the game. Maybe Lowry but he hasn't done it consistently throughout the season. Its disappointing because Terrence Williams could be a game changer for the Rockets if developed but Rick isn't giving him a lick of playing time. Waste of a first round pick.

Now that we are basically out of the playoffs, I guess its time to look ahead to the offseason. If we don't trade all the assets we have accumulated for a star player, fine but Les better build a stronger team for 2012. Draft well and don't sign a piece of garbage to the MLE.

Edited by Dash

Rockets will be fine, they are a sharp team the offense has been downright incredible since the all star break. Guys have bought into the system, they need improvements on defense, and it's good they have Thabeet and Williams to work on in the off season. They can figure out what they want to do with those guys and how/if they can fit them into the rotation.

As far as Kyle Lowry goes hes awesome, he's just incredible all around I am so glad they matched the Cavs offer. Kyle turned it up to another level after he knew the starting spot was his for good, and has matured so fast. The same plays that he was turning the ball over on are now the core of a dominant offensive package, and his shot is just looking so good, that's one guy I would like to see stick around for a while.

It's interesting though, if the Rockets do replace Adelman or if Adelman just decided to leave things could change drastically, this team is built for RA.

• Like 1

I'm still skeptical about Kyle Lowry, he's been GREAT since Brooks got moved but haven't we all seen this movie before? Brooks was also the focal point of the Rockets' last season and one year later gets shipped out for a backup.

Not trying to say that we should move Lowry for the sake of it but if the Rockets could snatch an All-Star caliber player, lets say Steve Nash (off the top of my head, no real reason), then we shouldn't be reluctant to move him.

I'm still skeptical about Kyle Lowry, he's been GREAT since Brooks got moved but haven't we all seen this movie before? Brooks was also the focal point of the Rockets' last season and one year later gets shipped out for a backup.

Not trying to say that we should move Lowry for the sake of it but if the Rockets could snatch an All-Star caliber player, lets say Steve Nash (off the top of my head, no real reason), then we shouldn't be reluctant to move him.

Dont see that happening at all, Martin would be moved well before Lowery. I hope we can keep them both, and only trade Scola.

Edited by ChosenOne