Better post defender: Marcus Camby or Kendrick Perkins

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Camby is so overrated in the post. The defensive player of the he won was such a bad choice, but forced because no one else was really putting up the stats Camby does.

He's lazy, he'll over-commit on the pick & roll, he'll get caught against quicker players, he'll often come over from the other side of the court to make a block or unnecessary rebound. I could go on and on.

Camby is so overrated in the post. The defensive player of the he won was such a bad choice, but forced because no one else was really putting up the stats Camby does.

He's lazy, he'll over-commit on the pick & roll, he'll get caught against quicker players, he'll often come over from the other side of the court to make a block or unnecessary rebound. I could go on and on.

whats an unnecessary rebound.

Perk, but I think Camby gets a lot undue criticism for his defense. He's too frail to stonewall some of the bigger pivotmen, but he still compensates with his outstanding shot-blocking and exceptional timing. I think Camby is the better help defender, but yeah, Perkins is the better interior defender by quite a bit. Arguably the league's premier post defender.

If Camby was back in his prime, I'd probably go with him on this one. But now that age has caught up with him, his defense has been noticeably lazier and less effective than his younger self. Perkins is a true post-defensive beast. So to conclude, Perkins by a landslide.