Toronto at New York

Real Deal

• 7 months later...

Pretty ridiculous game. Toronto is god awful, they were missing some players tbf. Knicks didn't even try in the 2nd half which is why it got cut to 10, but still, good win nonetheless because the Knicks had shown in the past they can't win these games. They made a statement early by going up 13-0.

Derozan: 36 pts (48%) 10 reb, 1 stl, 1 blk and 3 ast

Davis: 22 pts (71%), 13 reb, 1 stl, 1 blk

[expletive] anyone else.

EDIT: Toronto is God awful? You just gave up nearly 120 pts to an injured, and absolutely shit offensive team missing their first offensive option and starting point guard. The Knicks are almost equally as sad when considering their expectations/roster.

Edited by Check my Stats

[expletive] anyone else.

EDIT: Toronto is God awful? You just gave up nearly 120 pts to an injured, and absolutely shit offensive team missing their first offensive option and starting point guard. The Knicks are almost equally as sad when considering their expectations/roster.

Yup, we've just won four in a row, adjusting to a completely new roster after a rough stretch. Please, just stop talking. Outside of Derozan's potential, Toronto was awful tonight. The Knicks didn't give a [expletive] if you didn't notice on defense. If you've ever played basketball, once you get up by 20+ you really don't care about play hard on defense.

If you've ever played basketball, once you get up by 20+ you really don't care about play hard on defense.

The great teams do not have this mindset. But I agree, Derozan's potential was terrific tonight, probably is what got us to within 10.

Edited by Check my Stats

The great teams do not have this mindset. But I agree, Derozan's potential was terrific tonight, probably is what got us to within 10.

Yes, Derozan definitely has a ton of talent. Love his athletic ability and finds ways to get the ball in the basket. But the rest of that roster is made up of projects; guys who won't be in the NBA very long.

And, I never said the Knicks aren't a great team - I just know we are a hell of a lot better than Toronto! :lol: We've won more games against +.500 teams since the Melo trade in late Feb. than Toronto has won on the road ALL SEASON.

I will be the first to admit we are awful, I just find it funny that you seemed to be basing it off a game the Knicks gave up 118 to a putrid offense, it is pretty much unacceptable, but then again I guess that is the culture that D'Antoni is establishing in New York, I guess the fans are just embracing it.

I will be the first to admit we are awful, I just find it funny that you seemed to be basing it off a game the Knicks gave up 118 to a putrid offense, it is pretty much unacceptable, but then again I guess that is the culture that D'Antoni is establishing in New York, I guess the fans are just embracing it.

Why would we care about giving up 118 when we scored 131, and 80 in the first half? :lol:

The Knicks defense in the 1st quarter was pretty solid, actually. As was it for most of the 2nd. It wasn't in the 2nd half when it was apparent they weren't trying. I don't understand why you can't comprehend that they weren't even attempting to play defense on Toronto the entire second half....

[expletive] anyone else.

Also add Bayless 19 pts, 5 ast, 6-15 shooting.

I don't understand why you can't comprehend that they weren't even attempting to play defense on Toronto the entire second half....

I don't understand why you can't comprehend that this shouldn't be acceptable on a team that wants to win a championship one day (and make a bit of noise this year).

I don't understand why you can't comprehend that this shouldn't be acceptable on a team that wants to win a championship one day (and make a bit of noise this year).

We just clinched the playoffs a few days ago, it's an extremely long season. The players are tired. If they are up by 25 I don't expect the same defensive effort as if it's a tied game in the middle of the 4th quarter against the Heat...sorry.