Dreams that wake you up

bigdog17k

I always wake up when I'm falling from a high altitude or in the middle of slipping and falling...idk why.

When you're falling from a high altitude you'll always wake up before impact. If you were to actually make impact in the dream, you would actually be dead in real life. The dream obviously isn't what would kill you but it could be symbolizing something as a heart attack while you sleep.

There's your fun fact for the day. :)

Can be good or bad. but today I woke up from a dream where I was taking my family, and Paul Konerko into an attic to be saved by invading zombies. Had a bit of a sweat when I awoke, scary stuff.

....wtf?

Lol one time I had a dream where I got arrested and it was Adam Sandler who arrested me and when he was driving I could hear my alarm clock in my dream and I was like can you please turn that down, that's really annoying.

I've had the falling dream before, except sometimes I don't wake up... and I just keep falling... through the ground and beyond. I don't really remember what happens after that, if anything.

Sometimes I'm dreaming and I actually start becoming conscious of me being in a dream, but not conscious enough to wake up. And since dreams are really made up of your thoughts, I can start controlling what's going on.... too bad I hardly ever remember my dreams... though I am starting to remember them more often lately thanks to this medication I started taking (which is for depression, but it also helps me sleep more deeply and dream more vividly).

And sometimes I'm in a dream, and all of a sudden I remember that I have to wake up early that morning to go somewhere, so I wake up all startled that I might have woken up too late only to realize I don't have to leave for 3 more hours, and my heart is beating too fast for me to fall back asleep... then I wind up tired for the rest of the day.

I always wake up when I'm falling from a high altitude or in the middle of slipping and falling...idk why.

That happens to me and makes my heart stop and I wake up [expletive]in terrified, it especially sucks when I'm sleeping on the top bunk because it takes me a few mins to assure myself that I'm alright. I think it's from sleeping on your back.

I don't have those falling dreams. However, when I am kind of falling asleep I sometimes do some twitch like I am about to fall off my bed, even though I am not even close to falling, its pretty funny. I always laugh to myself after I do it.

Weird [expletive] though, when I was like 6 or 7 years old I could not sleep at night for a while. I would wake up at like 2 in the morning and watch tv. And every half hour, on the dot a loud [expletive] airplane noise would pass by my window, every night for like 3 months straight. Once the sun came up that noise would not happen. I know it was all in my mind, but its pretty freaky how my mind made me so paranoid for 3 months. Another noise I heard was scratching on my front door, and it would last for a few minutes, almost every night. I don't know how I didn't go crazy during those months.

Edited by SRV

Usually when you are in a death situation in a dream you wake up because you are in shock...I have been close to dying in a few dreams lol, I always wake up though.

The best is when your death comes out of nowhere. I had a dream where I was at my house with some friends playing basketball, all was well, and all of a sudden I go on the street to get the ball and a car drives by and hits me...and then I wake up.

Edited by SRV