Pau Gasol or Chris Bosh?

kingfish

???  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ATM, I'd say Gasol but we'll see how Bosh plays in this new role of his.

This. Until we see Bosh on a great team in a role he's more suited in (i.e not first option), it's hard to give a straight answer. But I'd give Gasol the edge just because he's proven to be a big-time playoff performer while the sample size with Bosh is too small to go either way.

Like the others have said it's hard to judge at this point.

As of now it's Gasol by a significant amount I'd say. But I think a lot of that has to do with being in the Lakers system and having Kobe Bryant on your side. Not taking anything away from Pau, he's a great player, but having someone like Kobe certainly makes your job a bit easier.

Bosh hasn't really had someone like Kobe to help him on offense prior to this coming season. Now he'll have two in LeBron and Wade. These could be the types of players that allow him to excel in an offense. However, he may take a hit statistically due to being the third option so we'll have to wait and see.

Gasol now, possible toss-up after this year.

• Owner

Gasol is more skilled, and has proven he's a better defender (even at PF), and I'll need to see Bosh defend at the four in the NBA, not during international play, before I determine how much he has grown defensively.

Post play, Gasol obliterates Bosh. Plus, Pau is a much better passer.

Pau Gasol is much better in just about every aspect. Better post moves, best passing big man in the league, higher IQ, better rebounder, etc. Bosh will find a better suited role in Miami, but until age starts catching up to him, Gasol will be better than Bosh.

Pau Gasol is much better in just about every aspect. Better post moves, best passing big man in the league, higher IQ, better rebounder, etc. Bosh will find a better suited role in Miami, but until age starts catching up to him, Gasol will be better than Bosh.

Gasol isn't a better rebounder than Bosh is. At the very least, they are equal.

Gasol has averaged double digit rebounds once in his 9 year career and has a career average of 9 boards a game. Chris Bosh has averaged double digit rebounds 3 times in his 7 year career and if you take away his rookie season when he was 19 years old and 200 pounds soaking wet, he has a career average of 9.7 boards a game.

Gasol gets more offensive boards than Bosh does by a considerable margin since joining the Lakers, but it is easier to grab offensive boards when opposing defense have another 7 footer and another double digit per game rebounder on the roster. Teams have to be aware of Bynum and Odom as well as Gasol when shots go up, but over the last 5 years, teams have only had to worry about Bosh on the offensive boards considering he has played with Rasho Nesterovic and Andrea Bargnani as his big man partner, two players who spend more time outside of the paint than inside of it.

Bosh has had an equal or higher TRB% than Gasol ever year since 05/06.

Bosh is also the more gifted scorer than Gasol is. Gasol is clearly more talented in the post, but when push comes to shove, Bosh is the better scorer. Their TS% this past season was basically the exact same as well and there isn't much of a difference in their career averages as well. Gasol gets a lot more easy looks than Bosh does (this will probably change this upcoming season though as Bosh plays with Wade and LeBron) as well, so it is pretty impressive that their TS% are so similar.

I agree that Gasol is better than Bosh is, but to say that Gasol is "much better" than Bosh in basically every single aspect of basketball is just not giving Bosh the credit that he deserves. The only areas that Gasol is "much better" than Bosh is passing and back to the basket offense (I'll with hold judgement on defense for obvious reasons).

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Gasol isn't a better rebounder than Bosh is. At the very least, they are equal.

Gasol has averaged double digit rebounds once in his 9 year career and has a career average of 9 boards a game. Chris Bosh has averaged double digit rebounds 3 times in his 7 year career and if you take away his rookie season when he was 19 years old and 200 pounds soaking wet, he has a career average of 9.7 boards a game.

Gasol gets more offensive boards than Bosh does by a considerable margin since joining the Lakers, but it is easier to grab offensive boards when opposing defense have another 7 footer and another double digit per game rebounder on the roster. Teams have to be aware of Bynum and Odom as well as Gasol when shots go up, but over the last 5 years, teams have only had to worry about Bosh on the offensive boards considering he has played with Rasho Nesterovic and Andrea Bargnani as his big man partner, two players who spend more time outside of the paint than inside of it.

Bosh has had an equal or higher TRB% than Gasol ever year since 05/06.

Bosh is also the more gifted scorer than Gasol is. Gasol is clearly more talented in the post, but when push comes to shove, Bosh is the better scorer. Their TS% this past season was basically the exact same as well and there isn't much of a difference in their career averages as well. Gasol gets a lot more easy looks than Bosh does (this will probably change this upcoming season though as Bosh plays with Wade and LeBron) as well, so it is pretty impressive that their TS% are so similar.

I agree that Gasol is better than Bosh is, but to say that Gasol is "much better" than Bosh in basically every single aspect of basketball is just not giving Bosh the credit that he deserves. The only areas that Gasol is "much better" than Bosh is passing and back to the basket offense (I'll with hold judgement on defense for obvious reasons).

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/Dezy-X29/joker-clap.gif

Gasol is a better defender and rebounder. But Bosh is a better scorer and has more offensive options in his arsenal because he could knock down shots from the top of the key which Gasol can't if you put him in Bosh's position. We can't compare the SCORING stats because Bosh was the Raptors leader and Gasol isn't. He's just the second scoring option after Kobe. I'm going with Gasol. I think he's the best PF in the league right now and is a way better defender then chris Bosh but that's just an opinion. Don't know if it's a fact :)

• Owner

It can work against Gasol as well. The more players you have crashing the glass and grabbing boards, the less boards you'll pull. That's why Odom doesn't average double-digit boards.

Put Gasol and Bosh under the rim together, with similar teammates, and I'm going to say that Gasol out-rebounds him. He boxes out better and has more length.

It can work against Gasol as well. The more players you have crashing the glass and grabbing boards, the less boards you'll pull. That's why Odom doesn't average double-digit boards.

Put Gasol and Bosh under the rim together, with similar teammates, and I'm going to say that Gasol out-rebounds him. He boxes out better and has more length.

It can work against him, that is true, but it certainly makes it easier than having to battle 2 other big men and sometimes the opposing small forward for an offensive board, like Bosh literally was doing last season with Bargnani and Turkoglu floating around the perimeter all of the time. I don't really see how that is much of a debate, really.

Gasol probably does have the advantage when it comes to the offensive glass though, I'm not sure if I mentioned that last night. Bosh is a better defensive rebounder though, and that is basically why they are equal with me giving Bosh a slight edge.

As far as the second point, that is debatable. It isn't exactly what you are talking about because of the difference in teammates, but their head-to-head rebounding numbers in the 6 games they have played against each other since 2007 (that was when Bosh became an elite PF in my mind, so that is why I used from then on) are:

Bosh: 10.3

Gasol: 9.3

(I excluded one game because Bosh only played 11 minutes)

I can understand if somebody wants to say that Gasol has a slight edge in rebounding. That is an opinion I can understand (although don't agree with), but to say that Gasol is a much better rebounder than Bosh? That is a joke as far as I am concerned.

• Owner

What I saw in the head-to-head match-ups...the game where Bosh pulled down 13 and Gasol had just 9, Bryant had 16 that game. Drew had 9. Just one thing I noticed (went to H2H match-ups probably the same exact time you did, haha).

For me, Gasol isn't THAT much better at crashing the glass, but I have to give him the upper hand because of his offensive rebounding and his length. I would trust Gasol more than Bosh, if I needed a last-second board, offensive or defensive rebound.

pau gasol he led his team to nba championship. very smart player and knows how to win.

True he was pretty good but Kobe led the team to chanpionship

Say what?

http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/KobeBryant.jpg

Kobe and Gasol lead it

• Owner

No kobe take terrible shots. gasol was making big play at game 7

Gasol was 6-16 in Game 7, absolutely terrible for a big man.

and control rebound.

Kobe had 15 rebounds, just three less than Gasol's total.

Please stop.