McMillan Preparing to Have Fernandez in Training Camp

http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2010/09/rudyf.jpg

McMillan Preparing to Have Fernandez in Training Camp

"Portland coach Nate McMillan wouldn't mind at all seeing Rudy Fernandez stay with the Trail Blazers.

McMillan, a Team USA assistant, was asked by FanHouse if his hope is the disgruntled swingman will remain with the team.

"He's a great player,'' McMillan said. "He's a good player. A talented player. Very talented.''

Asked further about the subject and McMillan said, "He is in my notes for training camp. All right.''

Fernandez, unhappy with his role in McMillan's offense, wants to be traded and already has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for that demand having been publicly issued. Through his agent, Andy Miller, Fernandez told The Oregonian two weeks ago he intends to not report to training camp even though he has two years left on his contract.

McMillan spoke to Fernandez, a member of the Spanish national team, two weeks ago when Team USA was in Spain to play exhibition games, but has not divulged specifics of the conversation. But McMillan said he hopes to speak with Fernandez again by this weekend in Istanbul."

-----

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/07/team-usa-notebook-mcmillan-preparing-to-have-fernandez-in-train/

Portland are really being patient with this Fernandez issue. I highly doubt that he is in their future plans, but I suppose they would rather let him rot on the bench then to send him to the Knicks or some other team where he might flourish.