Tim Duncan Game 3 Western Conference Finals 2003 34/24/6/6

Years

Is there anyone who relied less on their athleticism than Tim Duncan? I mean Duncan is putting up the same numbers he always has throughout his career just in less minutes, it is crazy he is still pretty close to dominant at his age, other than Kobe I doubt anyone will be as good as Duncan in their mid-30's. It will be painful to watch Kobe age though, as if he doesn't take enough jumpers now.

Defensive sure, offensive No.

You must've not watched him play.

No one is better at doing anything to score.

I would love to see Shaq drain a game winning 3 or make the game winning foul shot.

Tim Duncan > Shaq

You must've not watched him play.

I would love to see Shaq drain a game winning 3 or make the game winning foul shot.

Tim Duncan > Shaq

Shaq was a better scorer. Dirk is a better scorer.

But you could definitely make a case for him overall being better than Shaq. And definitely a much better overall player than Dirk.

Shaq was a better scorer. Dirk is a better scorer.

But you could definitely make a case for him overall being better than Shaq. And definitely a much better overall player than Dirk.

I watch Dirk every night.

I live in Dallas, and watch every Mavs game no matter what.

He is an amazing scorer, but he can be hit or miss.

75% of the time he is a hit, and that 25% of the time he is absolutely awful.

Duncan is consistent because he relies on the safest gamble in the NBA, the backboard!

Shaq's offense can mainly be attributed to cheap foul calls.

Call it what you want, but Duncan > all big men during the 2000's

I watch Dirk every night.

I live in Dallas, and watch every Mavs game no matter what.

He is an amazing scorer, but he can be hit or miss.

75% of the time he is a hit, and that 25% of the time he is absolutely awful.

Duncan is consistent because he relies on the safest gamble in the NBA, the backboard!

Haha...it goes with the territory of being a jumpshooter compared to low post player. But Duncan is not an extremely efficient post-scorer, and despite Dirk being a "miss 25% of the time" he only shoots about 3-4% worse than a prime Duncan, while shooting about 20% better from the FT line and being a much better clutch performer (both on last second shots and overall 4th quarter performance).

I love Duncan, and he is one of the greatest post players in NBA history. But he couldn't score at the same volume Dirk can and isn't much more efficient. It's like saying Duncan is a better scorer than Kobe. He simply isn't.

Shaq's offense can mainly be attributed to cheap foul calls.

Umm...no. Prime Shaq averaged about 7PPG more than prime Duncan on much better FG%. Period.

Want me to post 81 point game? :glasses:

How about instead of posting a regular season scoring explosion, find me 1 game in Kobe's NBA Finals history in which he played better than Duncan did in either Game 1 or Game 6 of the 2003 Finals...

Game 1: 32pts/20reb/6ast/7blk/3stl/11-17 shooting

Game 6: 21pts/20reb/10ast/8blk/9-19 shooting

• Like 1

Haha...it goes with the territory of being a jumpshooter compared to low post player. But Duncan is not an extremely efficient post-scorer, and despite Dirk being a "miss 25% of the time" he only shoots about 3-4% worse than a prime Duncan, while shooting about 20% better from the FT line and being a much better clutch performer (both on last second shots and overall 4th quarter performance).

I love Duncan, and he is one of the greatest post players in NBA history. But he couldn't score at the same volume Dirk can and isn't much more efficient. It's like saying Duncan is a better scorer than Kobe. He simply isn't.

Umm...no. Prime Shaq averaged about 7PPG more than prime Duncan on much better FG%. Period.

How about instead of posting a regular season scoring explosion, find me 1 game in Kobe's NBA Finals history in which he played better than Duncan did in either Game 1 or Game 6 of the 2003 Finals...

Game 1: 32pts/20reb/6ast/7blk/3stl/11-17 shooting

Game 6: 21pts/20reb/10ast/8blk/9-19 shooting

What happened to the free throw argument for Shaq?

I'll take Duncan's 4 rings over Dirk's 0 any day of the week and his offensive game.

I have no opinion on Kobe's 81.

What happened to the free throw argument for Shaq?

It's not like Duncan's a great FT shooter either, and Shaq's offensive game was not reliant on drawing fouls. It was reliant on dominating near the rim like arguably no one else in NBA history. He scored on higher volume and better efficiency than prime Duncan. He was the better scorer.

I'll take Duncan's 4 rings over Dirk's 0 any day of the week and his offensive game.

Rings and overall offensive game doesn't make him a better scorer.

It's not like Duncan's a great FT shooter either, and Shaq's offensive game was not reliant on drawing fouls. It was reliant on dominating near the rim like arguably no one else in NBA history. He scored on higher volume and better efficiency than prime Duncan. He was the better scorer.

Rings and overall offensive game doesn't make him a better scorer.

What was my OP?

OFFENSIVE.

Duncan is a better rebounder and passer than any big man during the 2000's.

Ducan > Shaq > Dirk

What was my OP?

OFFENSIVE.

Duncan is a better rebounder and passer than any big man during the 2000's.

Ducan > Shaq > Dirk

You said...

And in no way, shape or form was Duncan a better paser than KG. KG is the only big man I've ever seen average 6APG for a full season. He had multiple 5APG seasons. His passing is unmatched by any current big man.

Also, there have been arguably a few better rebounders as well.

Edited by Nitro

You said...

And in no way, shape or form was Duncan a better paser than KG. KG is the only big man I've ever seen average 6APG for a full season. He had multiple 5APG seasons. His passing is unmatched by any current big man.

Also, there have been arguably a few better rebounders as well.

I have to agree with you about the KG part, but I'll take Duncan over all of them in everything.

It's just my opinion.

I mean hell, does it matter if you had KG instead of Duncan in their primes?

I have to agree with you about the KG part, but I'll take Duncan over all of them in everything.

It's just my opinion.

I mean hell, does it matter if you had KG instead of Duncan in their primes?

Did you watch prime Shaq? :lol:

He was unstoppable.