2010 Dallas Cowboys Thread

fish7718

Guest STL10

Cowboys @ Bengals in Canton, Ohio for the Hall of Fame game tomorrow night (or tonight).

I will have my reflections on the game afterward here, watch out for Kevin Ogletree tomorrow night :).

I'm predicting Sam Hurd, Marty B, and Stephen McGee to have big games.

My training camp thoughts so far

- Romo and Austin look completely in sync, I think Austin is in store for another big year

- Bennett and Phillips (2nd and 3rd string) TE's injured rough for a team that loves to run 2 TE sets, hopefully Bennett gets healthy soon so he can be ready to go week 1

- Dez injured, hopefully injuries aren't the story this season

- Defensive front 7 looks incredible, creating pressure and shutting down the run

- Scandrick has been unimpressive, a little disappointing...

- Alan Ball will start safety, haven't got a look at him yet

- Roy Williams and Tony still look to be on 2 diff pages

- David Buehler 6 of 7 in games, a welcome relief, hopefully he can fill the K void and be a +

- Mat McBriar still has the biggest leg of any punter in the NFL

Should have more thoughts after week 2 and I get to see the first team more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those last 2 losses were so depressing I didn't even muse about them, it's okay I'll cover my thoughts on all 3 games in this one post.

Week 1 - Rough rough loss, rough but somewhat inspiring. Despite all of our mistakes and miscues and horrible [expletive] plays the Redskins still needed Alex Barron to save them from losing to the game. That being said we really out played and dominated a division opponent on the road. I don't care what the records or scoreboards say. I now know the Cowboys can beat the Redskins, and that's all I really wanted from this game. All of the mistakes made are familiar, because it's the same exact [expletive] that happened last year when we started 2-2 last year and had that horrible [expletive] road loss against the Broncos.

Week 2 - This leads us right into week 2, the missed FG, the fact we couldn't get Cutler the throw a pick. The fumble with 4 minutes to go in Bears territory. It's these dumb little [expletive]ing mistakes that 4-12 teams make that we keep making that keep killing us. Credit the Bears for shutting down the Cowboys run, but some of that credit also has to go to Jason Garrett. Why? At the end of the first quarter the Cowboys had 30 rushing yards. At the end of the game the Cowboys had 36 rushing yards. There is no need to look further into this. 6 yards rushing in three quarters is absolutley pathetic. It happens because Jason Garrett just has no game management skills whatsoever pathetic.

Week 3 - We are who I thought we are, and we didn't let the Texans off the hook. Thank [expletive]ing god. This game started of so miserably the Cowboys got the ball first and brought it down into Texans territory, converted a 4th and 1 from their 40 (a place we've punted from at least 3 or 4 times previously this season) and then failed to convert on 4th and 2 and the 29 when we drew up some dumb[expletive] screen play. Then Arian Foster ran it up our asses and it looked like the Texans were going to run away with it, unitl THE DRIVE. The drive that I will credit for turning around this season.

# 4-N.Rackers kicks 67 yards from HST 30 to DAL 3. 27-A.Owusu-Ansah to DAL 20 for 17 yards (86-J.Casey).

# 1-10-DAL 20 (10:59) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 28-F.Jones to HST 48 for 32 yards (92-E.Mitchell; 95-S.Cody). PENALTY on DAL-19-M.Austin, Illegal Blindside Block, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 20 - No Play.

# 1-20-DAL 10 (10:21) (Shotgun) 28-F.Jones up the middle to DAL 14 for 4 yards (92-E.Mitchell, 94-A.Smith).

# 2-16-DAL 14 (9:44) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 11-R.Williams to DAL 21 for 7 yards (25-K.Jackson, 72-J.Nading).

# 3-9-DAL 21 (9:03) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass deep right to 11-R.Williams to DAL 42 for 21 yards (31-B.Pollard).

# 1-10-DAL 42 (8:21) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 82-J.Witten to HST 45 for 13 yards (31-B.Pollard) [91-A.Okoye].

# 1-10-HOU 45 (7:48) 24-M.Barber right tackle to HST 44 for 1 yard (54-Z.Diles, 95-S.Cody).

# 2-9-HOU 44 (7:08) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to 88-D.Bryant (25-K.Jackson).

# 3-9-HOU 44 (6:59) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short left to 88-D.Bryant to HST 34 for 10 yards (29-G.Quin).

# 1-10-HOU 34 (6:18) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 24-M.Barber pushed ob at HST 29 for 5 yards (52-X.Adibi).

# 2-5-HOU 29 (5:47) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 11-R.Williams to HST 18 for 11 yards (59-D.Ryans, 31-B.Pollard).

# 1-10-HOU 18 (5:10) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete short middle to 80-M.Bennett.

# 2-10-HOU 18 (5:03) 24-M.Barber up the middle to HST 18 for no gain (91-A.Okoye, 94-A.Smith).

# 3-10-HOU 18 (4:20) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short left to 19-M.Austin to HST 1 for 17 yards (21-B.McCain) [90-M.Williams].

# Timeout #1 by HST at 03:39.

# 1-1-HOU 1 (3:39) 24-M.Barber right guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. WATCH HIGHLIGHT

# 18-D.Buehler extra point is GOOD, Center-91-L.Ladouceur, Holder-1-M.McBriar.

# DAL 7 HST 3 Plays: 13 Possession: 7:30

After getting screwed on a call that was spotted 10 yards behind from where Felix Jones was with the ball. It was sort of a block in the back but a Texans receiver did the same thing THE EXACT PREVIOUS DRIVE, and like I said it was at least 5 yards behind the play. Anyway Romo went from 2nd and 16 and completed 2 beautiful passes to Roy Williams including the highlighted play which is my favorite play of the season so far. Then we marched effortlessly down the field. The second highlighted play Dez caught an in route for 8 yards and just power for the first, it was [expletive]ing awesome, I love that kid. Anyway we looked awesome. Notice no sacks cause there were none all game. This leads me to the best drive we've had all year.

# 1-10-DAL 10 (5:36) (Shotgun) 28-F.Jones up the middle to DAL 25 for 15 yards (31-B.Pollard). WATCH HIGHLIGHT

# 1-10-DAL 25 (5:00) 28-F.Jones up the middle to DAL 29 for 4 yards (54-Z.Diles, 31-B.Pollard).

# 2-6-DAL 29 (4:13) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 88-D.Bryant to DAL 34 for 5 yards (29-G.Quin).

# 3-1-DAL 34 (3:32) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 17-S.Hurd to DAL 44 for 10 yards (25-K.Jackson, 59-D.Ryans).

# 1-10-DAL 44 (2:47) 9-T.Romo pass deep left to 88-D.Bryant pushed ob at HST 26 for 30 yards (21-B.McCain). WATCH HIGHLIGHT

# 1-10-HOU 26 (2:21) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 80-M.Bennett to HST 15 for 11 yards (26-E.Wilson).

# 1-10-HOU 15 (1:39) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 11-R.Williams for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN. WATCH HIGHLIGHT

# 18-D.Buehler extra point is GOOD, Center-91-L.Ladouceur, Holder-1-M.McBriar.

# DAL 17 HST 3 Plays: 7 Possession: 4:02

These are just the Cowboys I know completing passes down field. Going for the first down marker on first down and no playing for 3 downs to get the first. We are too talented to just play conservative on offense and hope our D does it for us. Anyways this drive showed me Dallas is [expletive]ing back, the rust is off, the title march is back on. The game still wasn't amazing, it was closer than the final score will indicate, if this was a litmus test for the Texans they passed IMO. I mean their D looked awful, but their offense, it's top notch really. Again you have to look pass the score board. Either way, both of these teams are going to the playoffs.

:) k that is all

Bye Week then Titans in week 5 :D

EDIT: BTW lol after all that "OMG Dallas is [expletive]ed" type talk, we are 2nd place in the division, 1 gb the Eagles :lol: , I love over reactions in the beginning of the season

Edited by STATCity

• 2 weeks later...

Fish, you logged off while I was playing Dead Rising 2, never got to respond to you.

The Cowboys are average 3.5 yards per carry, good for 24th in the NFL. So it's not simply "not running", it's "can't run" as well.

And here I thought you were just ignoring me :unsure:

Considering I've seen every minute of every game I can tell you exactly why it's like that and it's because of the Bears game. The Bears did a fantastic job stopping our draws. I think we lost a total of somewhere between 20-30 yards calling draws against the Bears. In fact if you factor out the Bears game (keep in mind the Bears are also the 6th ranked team vs the run) we are averaging over 5 years per carry. So we can run the ball it's just that 1 tough game is really making us look bad, and even that game we were effective running the ball we just lost so many yards on the draws that it killed us. Look up at my post breaking down the bears game we had like 30 yards on like 8 carries in the first quarter.

• 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with the Cowboys?

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo217/sammyjo58_bucket/dontknow.gif

Horrible game planning?

Lack of discipline?

Cowboys, HOW BOUT DEM

Hate on hater, kick a team while it's down.