[Completed] NBA's all-time most hated player

Real Deal

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af183/Storm3ye/Facepalm/facepalm.png

You act as if Kobe got no support. He's not hated anymore at all either. If anything he's the hero right now with LBJ being the NBA's villain.

Honorable mention goes to the Bad Boys.

• Owner

LeBron James. Him switching teams has gotten a worse reaction that Kobe's rape case.

I hope you're kidding. Let me know when you see fans bringing blow-up sex dolls to games, shirts that say "Rapist" across them, and websites dedicated to sending LeBron James hate mail & messages at his home address, his email address, and his cell phone number.

Just because Bryant is now some "hero" doesn't mean he wasn't the most hated at one point. LeBron has been a hero for the city of Cleveland for seven years. Up until the last couple of years, Kobe has been hated his entire career in the league, even as a cocky rookie that would showboat during games, take three airballs and piss off the Lakers fans in the series against Utah, and draw comparisons to Jordan, who most everyone idolizes.

LBJ doesn't even touch the hate Bryant has had. If you were on JBB, and you saw the work us mods had to do every single day for a couple of years after he was accused of rape, you'd be grateful you're a Heat fan.

I hope you're kidding. Let me know when you see fans bringing blow-up sex dolls to games, shirts that say "Rapist" across them, and websites dedicated to sending LeBron James hate mail & messages at his home address, his email address, and his cell phone number.

Just because Bryant is now some "hero" doesn't mean he wasn't the most hated at one point. LeBron has been a hero for the city of Cleveland for seven years. Up until the last couple of years, Kobe has been hated his entire career in the league, even as a cocky rookie that would showboat during games, take three airballs and piss off the Lakers fans in the series against Utah, and draw comparisons to Jordan, who most everyone idolizes.

LBJ doesn't even touch the hate Bryant has had. If you were on JBB, and you saw the work us mods had to do every single day for a couple of years after he was accused of rape, you'd be grateful you're a Heat fan.

I understand, but right now, he's definitely not the most hated player anymore and ended up winning over the fans again now and is the most respected player in the game. So when its all said and done he's not going to be remembered for the trial. LeBron however is getting destroyed by the media and even those in the basketball community for switching teams. His jersey was burned on live national television. So as of right now its LeBron IMO.

Edited by Flash

Bill Laimbeer. He was the baddest of the Bad Boy Pistons, and was hated for the things he did on the court. I can see why people would say Kobe, but I don't think a player who has generally been the NBA's most popular player over the last few seasons could be considered the all-time most hated. Also, the hatred was always for his off-court stuff rather than what he did on the court (I consider jealousy unjustifiable hate). Also, the Lakers fanbase is so gigantic that it kind of protected him from being as hated as he could have been if he played in a town like Detroit. The Pistons fans loved Laimbeer, but everyone else hated him, and the Pistons fanbase is much smaller than the Lakers'.

• Owner

So as of right now its LeBron IMO.

It's of all-time, not today.

You really think people won't remember Kobe's rape trial over LeBron leaving Cleveland? In 30 years, only Cleveland fans will be butt-hurt over that. There are fans from every team (even the Lakers) that hate Kobe.

I just don't see how that even compares. He had his jersey burned. I would rather see my jersey burning than have Utah Jazz fans bringing sex dolls with Kate's name on them to a game, flashing it in front of me while I'm shooting a free throw, and hearing the entire Denver Nuggets crowd chanting "rapist" during a game.

Rapist chants, or traitor chants? I know which one I'd rather hear.

Nitro said it perfect. Kobe is the NBA's most popular player and has been for some time. I just don't consider him the most hated.

There are fans from every team (even the Lakers) that hate Kobe.

And the same can't be said for LBJ?

• Owner

Nitro said it perfect. Kobe is the NBA's most popular player and has been for some time. I just don't consider him the most hated.

And the same can't be said for LBJ?

There are Heat fans that hate LeBron? I haven't ran across one yet, and if there are any, that will change in November, when he's racking up near-triple-doubles.

If there are any that can't stand him by January, it will be because the Heat aren't clicking, and he's taking Wade's city.

There are Laker fans that are so blind, that hate Kobe and think he ran Shaq out of town, that they believe Pau Gasol is the best player on the team. Believe that Andrew Bynum will be a better franchise player. I know of one Laker fan that will tell you that Bryant wouldn't have a single ring if it wasn't for Derek Fisher.

He's popular among the majority of Lakers fans, which seems like a lot because the fanbase is so large. But you give me 29 other teams, and NOBODY has been hated on more than Kobe over his career.

LeBron? Remains to be seen...but I can say, right now, that in a few years, nobody will care what LeBron did to Cleveland, unless they reside there.

Question: how many people have accepted what he did? Tons. Many say him ditching Cleveland was right, because it was his choice, yada yada. No big deal, except for the one-hour long program. How many people accepted what Kobe did? Even the adultery? No one, not even me, and it was the most devastating news Lakers fans had received since Magic announced he was HIV positive (not comparing the two directly).

The worst you'll hear will be the traitor chants. Cleveland will do what they can to wreck LeBron's reputation. However, that will be minor compared to rapist chants in Denver (and I believe they were done in Boston as well).

The 2-3 months of LeBron hate doesn't even come close to the years of Kobe hate. Give it a few years before you compare the two.

• 1 month later...