Real Madrid's Lineup versus Osasuna

La Bomba

GK: Casillas

DEF: Ramos, Pepe, Carvalho, Marcelo

MID: Kherida, Xabi Alonso, Ozil

FORWARDS: Benzema, Higuain, Ronaldo

If chemistry works out fine and injuries are minimal, I think Real will definitely put up a great fight against Barcelona and have a good chance of beating them. I love this lineup.

How is Ramos not a true defender? He chosen the best player in his position in the WC. Kherida is there for defensive purposes, but Ozil and Alonso are there to organize play.

Barcelona plays with three forwards too. Messi on the right, Villa at center, and Pedro at left. Ronaldo and Higuain won't be traditional forwards. They will play along the flank a lot like Messi and Pedro.

Mascherano is a downgrade from Kieta.

EDIT: And we are forgetting about Real's real "star" newcomer. Mourinho beat Barcelona with Inter (and dominated in the first game). Inter had no where near the talent Real has now. Mourinho is bar none the best coach in the world. His track record speaks for itself.

Edited by Sublime

I don't think Khedira will do well in Real Madrid but that's just a feeling I got. I would much prefer Lassana Diarra playing instead of Khedira.

I like the 4-3-3, but Di Maria would be better than Benzema on the wing because he is a natural winger.

The biggest issue is still chemistry of the team, let's see whether Mourinho can guide them through.

I'm hoping Di Maria is successful and he is only 22 years old, but I really haven't been pleased at all with what I've seen. Benzema looks like a different player compared to last season.

And Real isn't going to play with the same lineup every game. Mourinho switches his lineups constantly depending on the team. I think we have seen that the only way to beat Barcelona is with counter attacking football like we saw with Inter.

Ramos gets out of position too much. I have seen him get caught countless times, except when hes on the Spanish naitonal team someone can bail him out. Barca may play the 3 forwards but their defensive midfielder Sergio Busquets is a lot better than Khedeira. Plus Pique and Puyol are a much bettter combo in the center than Pepe and Carvalho. Ozil is young and new and will take some time to adjust to the Spanish league. I honestly think Villa is going to tear up Ramos and Messi is gonna be great again. I just dont see Madrid beating them.