Jennings blames sponsorships for his absentee invite to team USA

fish7718

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/brandon-jennings-55-points-47106f0237f82c39_large.jpg

Jennings thinks he knows one of the factors why. Evans and Curry both wear Nike, Team USA’s big sponsor. Jennings wears Under Armour shoes.

“It’s not my call. That’s on them,” Jennings told Yahoo! Sports. “But if you want to get technical about it and you really want to look at it, half of the guys there are Nike guys. I’m not saying it’s a Nike thing, but Nike is kind of running a lot of things right now. To have a guy like myself on the USA team that’s flashy and really outgoing, you don’t want Under Armour to get all that [publicity].

“I’m just telling you how it is.”

Full Article

I lol'd I guess he forgot who coaches team USA and what he looks for.

Edited by Fish7718

lol Jennings isn't > Curry either, he is massively overrated and while he is talented enough to stay in the league and get better, his mouth is way too big.

team USA wants good solid players to help them win, not PG's who will chuck and play inefficient basketball.

Edited by travesy3

team USA wants good solid players to help them win, not PG's who will chuck and play inefficient basketball.

Hence why Eric Gordon stayed and Rondo left the team. Jennings is somewhat in the same mould as Rondo and Curry, with his outside shooting, definitely have an advantage in the FIBA team.