Durant in an elite group of scorers

Real Deal

• Owner

Last season, Durant racked up 30 PPG and led the Thunder to 50 wins. How many other players have done that in the last 40 years (since 1970)?

30+ PPG, 50+ wins...

Michael Jordan

Kobe Bryant

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

LeBron James

Allen Iverson

Dominique Wilkins

Karl Malone

Kevin Durant

That's it. Pretty good company.

What's most amazing about his scoring is his consistency and lights-out efficiency. To give you an idea of just how insanely efficient he was last season, he had a TS% of 60.7%.

To put that in perspective, LeBron's best season was 60.4% (ironically enough, also last season). Kobe's best ever is 58.0% (2006-2007). Wade's best ever is 58.3% (2006-2007). Jordan's best ever is 61.4%.

He is in very elite company scoring the ball. To sustain and even better what he did last season, he has to remember what made him so effective...taking over 10FTA's per game, which was an increase of 3FTA from his 2008-2009 season. The truly great, unstoppable scorers get to the line, and he did that very well last season. I just pray he doesn't fall in love with his smooth jumpshot and realize what makes his game so effective.

he still needs to learn to get better in iso situations, iv notice that in the WC that coach K put him in more iso situations and he looked a lot better and more comfortable in them, instead of dribbling the ball for 15 seconds to take a deep three.

i think he will average 32ppg this upcoming season. maybe the homer speaking within me

Edited by MoeRoadKill

There's no debate, the guy can score. How great of a defender, passer, rebounder and intangibles he is is still yet to be seen IMO and he definitely has room for improvement in those categories.

I see Durant getting 39 ppg on 58% shooting, hes gonna be a monster this season, might even pull down 14 rebounds a game too.

lol.... he takes way too many jumpers to EVER put up close to 60%.. and if he is averaging close to 40 a game I doubt they are winning 50 games.... hopefully his scoring just stays as is and he starts learning how to make his teammates better.

Fearless prediction: 36 ppg, 48 FG%, 43 3PT%, 92 FT%.

For the next 3 seasons. The NBA will be dominated by a single player like nothing before.

:blink: :lol: :rofl:

http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_drink_the_kool_aid_sticker_bumper_sticker-p128852040354568622trl0_400.jpg