Can the Heat win a championship this year...

Multi-Billionaire

Sooner or later Pat Riley will be back. No way is Pat Riley gonna let this opportunity to slip away from him to coach Dwayne (for a 2nd time) with LeBron, & Bosh. I say they won't win this year and Spolestra will be fired midway through the second year these guys are playing together and Pat will come and take over the team on the sidelines. And then maybe these guys will have a chance to win a ring or two with Pay Riley as their coach.

Edited by magicbalala245

I think they can win it with Spoelstra, but I think he'll be seen as a weak link, kinda like Doc Rivers.

How is Doc Rivers seen as the weak link? I just don't see that. The man has coach his team to two NBA Finals appearances and one NBA Championship.

How is Doc a weak link? Getting 3 superstars to play together, successfully getting them to buy into the system, allowing Thibodeau to install the defense, and a championship and 2 Finals appearances for the result, are works of a great coach/ leader.

Spoelstra has to make a name for himself like Doc did when he got the opportunity. Now he got the opportunity. Before the championship in 2008, Rivers was only a "pretty good" coach with great motivational skills. Now, he's seen as one of the top tiers coaches.

Spo's a very good defensive minded coach and more importantly he got the team since he's hired to play with discipline on that end. He stuck to his guns and system, and did not play Beasley much although he was the 2nd pick. Spo's got a system all right (not some random [expletive] street ball by George Karl), but will the players buy it?

It's time to see if Spo's defensive system is "pretty good" or is it at "elite" level like Tom Thibodeau. And to see if he's got the creative minds to fully utilize the offensive powers of this team... I really think if he fails, he fails on the offensive end.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

And he still doesn't seem to utilize his players to the fullest.

Just how does he not seem to utilize his player to the fullest? In order to even make the NBA Finals ever player had to utilize to their fullest potential and Doc Rivers has done that.

Will the SuperHeat win another championship? More than likley I can see them winning at least 3. Will they do it this year, IDK about that yet. Until the season starts I still have my money on the Lakers regardless of how many stars the SuperHeat has.

Will the SuperHeat win another championship? More than likley I can see them winning at least 3. Will they do it this year, IDK about that yet. Until the season starts I still have my money on the Lakers regardless of how many stars the SuperHeat has.

This right here. The Heat will win their share of championships, but I just can't see it happening this season. Lakers have a huge frontcourt advantage, and far more depth. Coaching is just one of their worries, the [expletive]ty thing is that Spoelstra will be their scapegoat if they don't win the whole thing.

I didn't think he'd have the backing of all 3 the way he does. Dwyane has been especially vocal in support of Spo and I think that speaks volume when the leader of the team backs him up like that over the guy who coached him to a title. If he gets them to play defense like Heat teams of the past it could be scary.

let my check my crystal ball

he has 1 year to do it, if he doesn't win it this year he's done. He is a solid defensive coach and the offense will take care of itself you would think, it's just there is only a few coaches who would unconditionally get respect from a roster with as much stardom as this one, but it seems all these guys are on the same page so they should be fine.

even if they lose game 7 on a buzzer beater in the finals, Spo will get canned, it really is a shame.

Edited by travesy3

If Spo does get canned which I don't think he will. If we eliminate Riley, I think it'll be Doc Rivers coaching the Heat. Pat wants him and has wanted him for some time. He's got one year left on his deal with the Celtics and his kids are in Orlando so being in Miami provides a lot less stress due to the distance between him and his family.

If Spo does get canned which I don't think he will. If we eliminate Riley, I think it'll be Doc Rivers coaching the Heat. Pat wants him and has wanted him for some time. He's got one year left on his deal with the Celtics and his kids are in Orlando so being in Miami provides a lot less stress due to the distance between him and his family.

No way will Doc coach the Miami Heat if he is true to his own words. When he was contemplating retiring he said numerous times that if he were to ever coach again it will only be for the Boston Celtics

There is a LOT of pressure on Spoelstra's shoulders. When a team isn't successful, usually a large portion of the blame goes on the coach, for any team. With 2 top three players and 1 top three PF, the first direction anyone will look if there is any doubt will be at Spo.

Personally, I think Spo has done a very good job the past couple years, and has proven to be more than capable of coaching a top notch team. He has as good of a chance as anyone to coach this team to a championship.