Bigger Douche?

Check my Stats

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone with a brain knew he wasn't going to re-sign lol. At least he played out his deal. I don't think either is being a douche but Melo actually wants a trade from Denver and has basically let it be known.

Had Bosh gone anywhere besides Miami I doubt this is an issue lol.

Melo isn't being an attention whore though? How convenient that after 3 of his close friends go through free agency and have all the attention Melo comes in and the trade demands start.

Edited by Flash

it doesn't matter if it was obvious he would re-sign or not, he still pulled the wool over the eyes of the organization... they stuck to their guns at the deadline when we were the 2nd hottest team in the league, because Bosh said he would give us the first chance to re-sign him.... in the end this isn't what happened and July 1st he basically [expletive]ed off. he just acted completely unprofessional the past 12 months.

Well, Bosh actually waited until his contract was up to leave, which is the time where he and any player in the league has the full right to sign with any team that gives them an offer. He didn't do anything wrong.

Anthony, on the other hand, is pressuring his team to trade him early so he can both get more money, and play for the team he wants.

So who's the bigger douche, the team leader that played until his contract was up like he was supposed to, or the player that's doing everything he can to leave early? I doubt it's in a player's contract to be able to force their teams to trade them.

Edited by Poe

I would personally rather Bosh did what Melo is doing rather than decieve our franchise by saying things like 'maybe people should be talking about joining me' or 'I don't want to be a sidekick'... quite a leader considering he [expletive]ed off as soon as his contract expired after saying he would help us get value in a trade. You can try and morally justify Bosh's actions, and it is definitely debatable who is being a bigger douche, but Bosh basically [expletive]ed us over by making the team think we had a shot at bringing him back, he shouldn't have said all those things he did.... not to mention how he behaved after leaving, talking about being a wolf in a cage and [expletive], smh... dude's closer to a hampster than a wolf...

and for the record this would be my opinion regardless of what team he is on, I could care less if he was on the Bulls or Knicks.

Edited by travesy3

Well, Bosh actually waited until his contract was up to leave, which is the time where he and any player in the league has the full right to sign with any team that gives them an offer. He didn't do anything wrong.

Anthony, on the other hand, is pressuring his team to trade him early so he can both get more money, and play for the team he wants.

So who's the bigger douche, the team leader that played until his contract was up like he was supposed to, or the player that's doing everything he can to leave early? I doubt it's in a player's contract to be able to force their teams to trade them.

http://solefly.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/38590_414348241318_256388116318_5123389_705179_n.jpg

I would personally rather Bosh did what Melo is doing rather than decieve our franchise by saying things like 'maybe people should be talking about joining me' or 'I don't want to be a sidekick'... quite a leader considering he [expletive]ed off as soon as his contract expired after saying he would help us get value in a trade. You can try and morally justify Bosh's actions, and it is definitely debatable who is being a bigger douche, but Bosh basically [expletive]ed us over by making the team think we had a shot at bringing him back, he shouldn't have said all those things he did.... not to mention how he behaved after leaving, talking about being a wolf in a cage and [expletive], smh... dude's closer to a hampster than a wolf...

and for the record this would be my opinion regardless of what team he is on, I could care less if he was on the Bulls or Knicks.

What is he going to say though? That he's leaving at the end of the year? That would go real well with the fans up there.

Lol, I suppose this is the appropriate time to say.... You Mad?

Seriously though, Bosh played very well as a Raptor and set records. Bargnani was a higher pick and still hasn't done much. Had Bosh turned out to be a bust and a totally scrubby player you wouldn't give a rats [expletive] about him, and wouldn't be mad about him leaving.

If anything, you should be happy for what Bosh has done while he was still in a Raptors jersey. He's arguably the best player the team ever had. Why be mad at him because he was a good player that chose to do what's best for himself? You should be mad at the Raptors organization for not turning the Raptors into a good enough team to make Bosh want to stay. Personally, I wish Canada had a better basketball team. They have one team and it sucks. An entire country that happens to have it's fair share of basketball fans can't get a good team? [expletive], if anything, they should have 2 or 3 teams. The NBA needs to expand internationally... but that's a different argument.

Anyway, back to my point about being mad at Bosh, same thing goes for Cavs fans against LeBron. Same thing would go for Heat fans against Wade had he decided to team up with LeBron and Bosh in Chicago or something.

I appreciate what Bosh did for the Raptors over 7 years and he had all the right to leave, he just should have been honest with the team and told them his intentions at the deadline, or stayed true to his word and help us try and get value in a trade in the off-season, rather than lose all communication with the team the FA period began. I don't really see your point about if Bosh sucked if I would care, or Bargnani for that matter, this has everything to do with how he left, not the fact that he left, or Bargnani, or how he developed as a player.

Out of all the big free agents Bosh had more right to leave than anyone, the best player he played with was [expletive]ing TJ Ford, but at the same time the way he did it was pretty pathetic. He basically lied to not only the fans who have supported him for 7 years, but to management who went out of their way to try and put pieces around him each year... they bent over backwards trying to make moves, first JO, then Hedo, none of it worked, we tried to make it work, but Bosh didn't. Bosh was a consummate professional for the Toronto Raptors for 6 and a half years, and he basically threw all that time out of the window by the way he treated the organization the last 6 months.... I even remember listening to his local interviews after joining Miami (on a Toronto broadcast) compared to his ESPN interviews and [expletive], and just the way he talked was so different, the way he talked about Toronto, it just sucks.

I am still a fan of Bosh's, and the Miami Heat to a certain extent for that matter, through all of this, I just think he is a pretty big twat for the way he left.

If Bosh left the same way Boozer did, quietly and professionally, we would not be having this conversation... that is the only point I am trying to make. Smh at making me rant.

Edited by travesy3

I don't really see your point about if Bosh sucked if I would care, or Bargnani for that matter, this has everything to do with how he left, not the fact that he left, or Bargnani, or how he developed as a player.

What I'm saying is the impact of his departure hurt more because he is such a good player. Had he been chosen as a top 4 pick, yet been a total bottom-of-the-bench bust, you wouldn't have cared that he left, and his comments about Toronto would have been meaningless. He would have been viewed as an expiring contract like Adam Morrison.

Players that deserve disapproval are guys like Eddy Curry. He gets a major contract, yet instead of putting the work in and contributing on par with the expectations around his signing in New York, he gains weight and practically eats up the money each year. Knicks fans can't wait until his contract is up.

Out of all the big free agents Bosh had more right to leave than anyone, the best player he played with was [expletive]ing TJ Ford, but at the same time the way he did it was pretty pathetic. He basically lied to not only the fans who have supported him for 7 years, but to management who went out of their way to try and put pieces around him each year... they bent over backwards trying to make moves, first JO, then Hedo, none of it worked, we tried to make it work, but Bosh didn't.

Regardless of how hard the organization tried, they are the ones that failed. Bosh left to appeal to his own interests the same way Boozer and Amar'e did, and had as much right to leave as they did. Had the Raptors succeeded in building a good team, Bosh would have been more inclined to stay. What I'm saying is that if there are fingers to be pointed, it's at the organization.

I am still a fan of Bosh's, and the Miami Heat to a certain extent for that matter, through all of this, I just think he is a pretty big twat for the way he left.

If Bosh left the same way Boozer did, quietly and professionally, we would not be having this conversation... that is the only point I am trying to make. Smh at making me rant.

I understand the disappointment around Bosh leaving. Every Raptor fan has that right, as well as the right to hate him obviously. I just feel he doesn't deserve the hate. You can't change the way a player speaks to the public. It doesn't matter what Bosh said about Toronto, it's about what he's done as a player. Hell, Shaq talked a lot of [expletive] about Miami after he left, but I can't deny the fact that had he never been traded here, the Heat would have never won a championship in '06.