Udoka Is Still Waiting For Contract Offer

A number of teams are interested in Ime Udoka, who has not been offered a new contract by the Spurs.

"We're talking to a lot of teams," agent Mark Bartelstein told the Oregonian. "I think within the week, there's a really good chance we'll probably do a deal."

There still appears to be a chance that Udoka could return to San Antonio, something the free-agent would prefer.

"We'll see what teams step up and make an offer," Udoka said. "Whoever comes up with the best offer and the best situation, that's what it will come down to."

Udoka had an inconsistent season, with Roger Mason Jr. stepping up in Manu Ginobili's absence.

"I had an inconsistent year and our team had an inconsistent year," Udoka said. "When you get (knocked) out in the first round, changes are gonna be made. That's just part of the deal, especially for a franchise like San Antonio, where championships are expected."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60702/20090721/udoka_is_still_waiting_for_contract_offer/

Udoka is more of a defensive player and after Bowen left the team I thought they would be quick to sign him but I guess they have different plans. Hes a good bench player and thats why many teams are interested in him.

Edited by NeTs15VC

I hope Udoka stays with SA. I felt kind of bad for him after he started 90% of the season for us and then we just didn't try to get him back. Udoka is pretty much a poor mans Bruce Bowen. A perfect fit for the Spurs in my opinion.