With Dampier Unlikely To Sign, Raptors Turn Attention To Earl Barron

From Doug Smith's blog:

They have spoken to Erick Dampier and his people, as we reported a few times, but if it looks as if that ship has sailed, the impression I’m getting from folks is that Earl Barron, a 7-footer who finished last season with the Knicks, is next on their list of possibilities.

And there’s every chance that if they hear Dampier’s going to choose Houston or Milwaukee over Toronto, Barron could be in town as early as Tuesday to start working out.

And if they want to keep him, despite having 15 guys on the roster, it sounds like the Joey Dorsey contract, not fully guaranteed right now, would be the one they eat to create a roster spot.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2010/09/not-a-whole-lot-of-news-but-some-tidbits.html

I guess there is no harm in letting Barron and Dorsey battle it out for the final roster spot during Training Camp, but I think I'd rather have Dorsey on the roster.

I know nothing about Barron so I can't really comment on him. I just like Dorsey's rebounding and toughness ability, as well as the fact that he has great chemistry with the rest of the Young Gunz.