Cousins at center or power forward?

Real Deal

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

The last time I checked, Cousins is 6-11 and 270 pounds.

However, he seemed to play more like a strong power forward back on offense, but I'm not sure if he's cut out to defend mobile fours (ex. Bosh).

Samuel Dalembert is in Sacramento, and the Kings drafted Hassan Whiteside, who could be a very good defender in this league.

Carl Landry is capable of starting at the four, and Jason Thompson is a legit backup.

Should the Kings try and experiment with Cousins at the four, Landry backing him up off the bench, or should they just keep Cousins at the five?

Landry is their second best scorer at 18 ppg. He needs to start. Cousins may be their third best player this year, so he needs to start as well.

It also matches up better defensively if Cousins plays center rather than power forward, plus Thompson fits better as the PF off the bench rather than the C off the bench.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

I think the same as you guys. The only problem with this, down the road, is that the Kings will be "breeding" him as a center, yet they want him to lose weight.

So, with the advanced post moves he seems to show, and a shot he's wanting to develop, it's sort of hard to determine where he belongs right now, and we all know how important it is to NOT get a potentially dominant rookie off the wrong foot.

Honestly, I'd put him at C because at the 4 he's only going to stunt Thompson's development. I'm very high on Thompson and think he can be a potential 20/10 guy in a few years. Start them both and let that young trio do their thing. Whiteside is gonna be a great player as well especially on the defensive end.

Cousins should play Center, I honestly don't see why so many people think he should play the 4, he's to big for that position. Also Samuel Dalembert is nothing more than another big body and expiring contract, I garuntee you he won't be with Sacramento by next year. Hassan Whiteside will more than likely be in and out of the D-League until Sacramento feels his ready and Landry and Thompson will share minutes at the 4.

Edited by htownborn

there's no reason for him to play the 4 because of both Thompson and Landry. he could be effective at the four if he lost weight and if he was drafted by a team that really needed a 4 but the Kings don't need a 4 so they should like u said "breed" him to be a 5 because he can still be a dominant 5 in the league within the next few years.

Plus if he played the four it wouldn't leave many minutes for the other 4's they have which i think I've pretty much already stated.