Stoudemire as a leader on and off the court

Poe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPgEuTb5ZY

Anthony Randolph: "I think everybody knows that he's an unbelievable player. Some of the things he does, even as a player, you'll sit there and shake your head. As a leader, he's done a great job of that. He's come in here and worked hard every day. He's talked to us young guys and helped us."

Toney Douglas: "Amare's leadership is really important. Young guys like me and Gallo, we look up to that. It's the reason he's an all star."

Amar'e Stoudemire: "There's not one leader. The whole team must lead."

The guy is earning his respect on this team. The Knicks have a solid line up this year as well. I can see him leading this team to a low playoff spot.

Edited by Poe

I think the Knicks will compete for spots 7 to 8...but I wouldn't be surprised if the ended up with another 10th place spot in the East either.

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we at the 10th seed again. I see us as high as 6, as low as 8. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

If Turiaf, Azubike and Mason Jr. are your best players off the bench, it is going to be tough.

Actually Turiaf is starting (according to what I've been hearing, he's been practicing with the first unit). Anthony Randolph will most likely be the sixth man.

You are also forgetting about Toney Douglas, who has proven to be an efficient scorer, defender, and 3 point shooter (39% from 3 as a rookie).

And there's Bill Walker who proved to thrive in D'Antoni's offense averaging 15 ppg in his final month as a Knick. He also shot 43% from deep on 4.3 three point shot attempts per game as a Knick.

Timofey Mozgov got a decent contract to be the back up center (about a 3 year, $10M contract). I don't know anything about him though.

So really, this team has some very nice depth in every position. It's difficult to say they can't at least make a playoff push.

Edited by Poe

Mozgov has been the center of discussion through training camp so far, he's looked great. He was impressive in FIBA against pros, too. I have high hopes for him. Super athletic.

I think I might remember him actually. Strong and athletic, but foul prone. Will add size off the bench.

Looking at the overall team, it's hard for me to picture them not being in the playoffs. Especially when Felton's averages improve from switching to an uptempo team, and with Gallo having improved so much in only a year. Add that with Chandler, a very solid bench, and a coach that compliments the team..

I guess Eddy Curry is the last load before all of Isiah's destructions are officially wiped clean. I can imagine a huge celebration among basketball fans in New York :lol: