Derrick Rose shot at MVP?

AboveLegit

During the Media Day festivities at the Berto Center on Monday as the team officially opened training camp -- the first practice was scheduled for this morning -- Rose spoke boldly when asked about his individual expectations for the upcoming season.

''They're high,'' he said confidently. ''The way I look at it, why can't I be the MVP in the league? Why can't I be the best player in the league? I don't see why not."

''I work hard, I dedicate myself to the game and sacrifice a lot of things at a young age, and I know, if I continue to do good what I can get out of it. If that's me going out and doing whatever, I'm willing to do it because in the long run I know it's gonna help me.''

Said teammate Joakim Noah: ''Derrick is an unbelievable talent and things have really changed around here since he's been in Chicago. If Derrick feels that way, that's good for us.''

Although he still is nearly a week away from his 22nd birthday, Rose believes the future is now --for him and the Bulls.

''This is the hardest I've ever worked out, this past summer,'' he said. ''I've put a lot of work in, staying in the gym every day, making sure I'm getting prepared for a big season because I believe we can make it far.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2751674,CST-SPT-bull28.article

What are the chances of Rose winning the MVP award this season? We all seem to have our eyes set on Kobe and Durant to lead the race for MVP this season, but we tend to overlook the importance of Derrick Rose to the Chicago Bulls. I believe this is the year they crack 50+ wins, and after a successful offseason, the front office has provided Derrick with good role players and starters. His assist average should go up significantly, and his offensive averages should only go up as he develops his game.