LA Lakers @ Barcelona

Real Deal

Barcelona is a damn good team. They are lierally one of the best internstional teams of all time. I'm not saying this because of this game alone, but they flat out dominated the ACB last seaaon.

Yeah, they also won the Euroleague, and were the favorites from the beginning really.

From what I saw, Shannon Brown looks lost out there defensively and offensively. He'll never get good at running through screens. With the exception of Steve Blake, all the new additions look lost offensively. As far as rookies go, Ebanks is actually getting the offense pretty well. Caracter needs to do a lot more work on his offense. Overall tho, this team is just rusty.

At least we got to see what the rotation is going to be during a season game. We also saw some team chemistry between Fish & Pau, Blake & 2nd unit. I'd really love to see Blake play with the starters.

Well, they are a great team, no doubt...but if this was June, they would get ran by the Lakers.

Of course. This Lakers team will be fine, but they need to get healthy. How long till Kobe is back at 100%?

• Owner

Of course. This Lakers team will be fine, but they need to get healthy. How long till Kobe is back at 100%?

He's not going to be 100% ever again. The index finger, shooting hand, already has arthritis and it's a permanent tear, and he'll have tendinitis in that knee for the rest of his career.

Not that it matters, really. It's Kobe. Drew and Walton would concern me in a situation like that, and most NBA players, especially at 30+ years old. I've seen enough of Kobe to be able to ignore it, though.

• Owner

Barca won using NBA rules?

These two teams should play TWO best of 7 series... one series using NBA rules, and another series using international rules.

NBA rules: Lakers win 4-2.

International rules: Barca win 4-1.

Huh? There isn't that much of a difference between the two sets of rules. Knocking the ball off the rim and a shorter three point line wouldn't sway the series that much.

This Lakers team, fully healthy, would annihilate them. I'd give them one win only because I'm giving Bryant one bad game. Doesn't matter the rules.