Vince getting in shape

Dash

Profoundly upset with how he played in the Orlando Magic’s defeat to the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals last spring, Carter was in the gym most of the summer getting himself stronger and better conditioned for what might be his final run at winning a championship ring.

After having shaved almost 4 percent off his Body-Fat-Index and more comfortable in the Magic’s system in his second season in Orlando, Carter is hoping to have a revitalized look about himself this season.

``I just want to be better. I worked my butt off this summer just to be ready mentally and physically and I’m ready to go,’’ Carter said. ``I’m ready for the challenges of the season.’’

There were also challenges for Carter from GM Otis Smith, head coach Stan Van Gundy and even many of the Magic’s players during a 3 ½-hour meeting on Monday before training camp opened for the team on Tuesday. The message was pretty clear: The Magic likely can’t vanquish teams like the Lakers, Celtics and Heat and win a championship without Carter playing at a superstar level.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_feature_092810.html

Good of him to get in shape I guess but the Magic shouldn't be expecting Vince to play even remotely close to a star.

It sounds pretty good that Vince is working hard to get in shape. i really can't see him playing at the all star level though at least not in the way he once was.. but he can still play pretty well for losing most of his athleticism. if he has a good year especially in the playoffs, the magic will have a good year.

he did look a little heavy last year, good for him

Yeah agreed. Glad to see that is getting in better shape, there is a very good chance this is going to be his final chance to make a run for the finals. I personally would love to see him get there.

Lets also hope his defense has improved over the summer, cause it really could not have gotten any worse last year.

He definitely has to step up his game. It's good to hear that he got into better shape. Orlando needed that player that would be able to help them in the clutch like Hedo did and Carter failed at that last season. I think he'll definitely have a better season this year now that he fully understands the system better.