Hill Among Team's Camp Standouts

htown11

The Rockets had hoped to see Jordan Hill make significant strides at summer league, but if they did, his play in Austin would not have been so striking.

Limited by a painful turf toe, Hill struggled in Las Vegas. Healthy, he was one of the camp standouts.

"The turf toe, really it was the first time I had it," Hill said. "It slowed me down trying to cut, jumping. It slowed everything down, slowed my game down. I tried to rest it. Now it's a lot better. I can run, jump, do whatever I want to do."

With Hill at power forward and center, Rockets coaches have said he has been much more assertive at both.

"I'm just going out there doing what I have to do, going out there, playing more aggressive, learning," Hill said.

I think all Rockets fans are highly critical on Jordan Hill, and the expectation are fairly high on him. It's good to see him being assertive, I think he can be a really solid piece for the Rockets. The more PT they gave him as the season winded down, the better he looked.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7229186.html

I think his lackluster performance in the summer league really demeaned him in the eyes of Rockets fans. A lot of his accomplishments during the season were forgotten and many began to see him as a mediocre backup, which is far from the truth. I still see the potential in Jordan and think he can reach 16/10 status in a few years.

I'm not a huge fan of this guy, but he was drafted in the top 10 for a reason. I don't think he'll ever live up to the expectations of top 10 picks (granted, it was in a weak class), but I still think he'll be a solid contributer off the bench for a good team.