Brady to Tate

Real Deal

• Owner

Where do you think Brandon Tate will rank at the end of the season, among the list of receivers in the league?

With Moss gone, will he struggle a little more, or shine with all the attention he'll get from Brady?

With Moss gone, it kind of hurts Welkers' value within the offense. Defenses will now focus on him, so it should give the young WR's and TE's an opportunity to shine.

I think Tate is ready for the big time, and the coaching staff there is really high on him. Before he was hurt in UNC, the dude was beasting. He led the NCAA in all purpose yards for the first 3 or 4 games, and was amazing as a returner and as a deep threat receiver. It was him and Nicks doing work in that offense, Tate got all the press, and Nicks was the possession receiver. I believe he has recovered, and is gonna be a pro bowl type guy next year. The Patriots saw a desperate team in Minnesota, and took advantage like they've done in years' past.

This just means the TE's are going to continue to dominate. People don't realize that the Patriots are just outsmarting e everyone right now. The defensive strength in the division is CB, and now they are moving away from just throwing to WR's, and are getting their TE's involved, both of whom are very tough to cover.

Brandon Tate will do pretty well though.

I don't think Minnesota is desperate at all. They're picking up a player that ultimately could allow them to be Super Bowl Champions, so why bother keeping a third rounder for something special? It's not like Moss is locked in long term or anything. A third round pick is nothing for one of the best receivers in the game right now.

Look at all the toys Minnesota has (especially when Rice comes back):

Favre

Peterson

Harvin

Rice

Shiancoe

Moss

Cammarillo (Who Favre is trusting of so far)

Minnesota is going to be able to challenge Green Bay no problem.

I don't think Minnesota is desperate at all. They're picking up a player that ultimately could allow them to be Super Bowl Champions, so why bother keeping a third rounder for something special? It's not like Moss is locked in long term or anything. A third round pick is nothing for one of the best receivers in the game right now.

Look at all the toys Minnesota has (especially when Rice comes back):

Favre

Peterson

Harvin

Rice

Shiancoe

Moss

Cammarillo (Who Favre is trusting of so far)

Minnesota is going to be able to challenge Green Bay no problem.

Yeah you're right, Minnesota is a legitimate Super Bowl contender for sure, but to say they aren't desperate is a little off if you ask me. They have a one year window right now, this is it, all or nothing. Favre is going to be gone after this year. They will do whatever it takes to win now.

Does this mean they won't be a playoff time next year? Of course not, because they still have a talented group. But losing Favre hurts them big time. Moss is in a good position right now in terms of solidifying his mark as one of the greatest receivers ever, after this year we could see him going to another Super Bowl caliber team with a great QB.

And lets not act like Sidney Rice's injury is the only problem with the Vikings, and that Moss will alleviate all their problems.

Their secondary is terrible, they have aging DT's and O-linemen. They also have to extend Sheppard, Henderson, Greenway, Leber, Moss, Rice, Ray Edwards, and Pat Williams at the end of this season.

Aaron Hernandez is going to see alot more targets, and I think he'll benefit more than anyone on the team. On the other hand Welker will be hurt the most, he'll see alot more double teams. As for Tate I think he'll be productive, he has great speed and is really shifty. With that said it's hard to replace a guy like Moss, and the Pats will realize that after their bye week when they face the Ravens, Chargers, and Vikings in the next three weeks.

From SuperBowl contender to pretender such a shame. Pats fan's have got to be pist about the way the organization treats their players.

Aaron Hernandez is going to see alot more targets, and I think he'll benefit more than anyone on the team. On the other hand Welker will be hurt the most, he'll see alot more double teams. As for Tate I think he'll be productive, he has great speed and is really shifty. With that said it's hard to replace a guy like Moss, and the Pats will realize that after their bye week when they face the Ravens, Chargers, and Vikings in the next three weeks.

From SuperBowl contender to pretender such a shame. Pats fan's have got to be pist about the way the organization treats their players.

You mean being smarter then every organization in the NFL? They can still contend and win the Super Bowl this year, and they are in far better shape than any other team going forward.

The NFL schedule is going to expand to 18 games, meaning that there are going to be expanded rosters, meaning that if you have more QUALITY picks, the chances of your team being great improves greatly.

They are also starting to expose the weaknesses in this division. The AFC East's strength on defense is CB, and they are moving away from throwing to just WR's, and are going to expose the LB's with their two excellent TE's.

It's pretty simple, but many of you don't think.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

You mean being smarter then every organization in the NFL? They can still contend and win the Super Bowl this year, and they are in far better shape than any other team going forward.

They just traded Randy Moss and 4th for Deion Branch and a 3rd, lmao amazing move Pats.

Far better? Why because you have 2 extra picks? You realize your QB is entering his final years and 3 starters on the o-line are 31, 32, and 34 respectively. Not to mention the fact they have no clear play makers at skill positions beside Wes Welker. Yeah I wouldn't classify that as 'far better'.

Edited by STATCity

They just traded Randy Moss and 4th for Deion Branch and a 3rd, lmao amazing move Pats.

Far better? Why because you have 2 extra picks? You realize your QB is entering his final years and 3 starters on the o-line are 31, 32, and 34 respectively. Not to mention the fact they have no clear play makers at skill positions beside Wes Welker. Yeah I wouldn't classify that as 'far better'.

You're just mad that the Cowboys can't do [expletive] with picks. They' rather trade for Roy Williams and start the season 1-3.

They don't just have a lot of picks, they have a lot of quality picks.

Also, if you consider 5+ pro-bowl caliber years "the final years", then I'll take that QB every day of the week.

You are so clueless it's really painful.

You're just mad that the Cowboys can't do [expletive] with picks. They' rather trade for Roy Williams and start the season 1-3.

Also, if you consider 5+ pro-bowl caliber years "the final years", then I'll take that QB every day of the week.

lol I love how you bring the Cowboys into this for no reason lol, pathetic.

A lot? They have an extra first and second and third right? That's it? And that puts them in a far better position than any other team? Take your homer glasses off

So Tom Brady will be a pro bowler @ 38? :lol: k

The sad thing is, you are the clueless one, and you really don't realize it, and we all just laugh at you.

lol @ you bringing the cowboys into this.

You have clearly lost this argument so you are bring up irrelevant points and calling the person you are debating with clueless.

Whats new?

lol I love how you bring the Cowboys into this for no reason lol, pathetic.

A lot? They have an extra first and second and third right? That's it? And that puts them in a far better position than any other team? Take your homer glasses off

So Tom Brady will be a pro bowler @ 38? :lol: k

The sad thing is, you are the clueless one, and you really don't realize it, and we all just laugh at you.

Yes, because you and lkr bring the 49er's into every thread when it has no relevence.

If Brett Farve is a Pro-Bowler at 40, I'm pretty damn confident Brady will be in his mid to late 30's.

Three more QUALITY picks does make a massive different. That's how the Patriots have built their WINNING teams throughout the years.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Yes, because you and lkr bring the 49er's into every thread when it has no relevence.

If Brett Farve is a Pro-Bowler at 40, I'm pretty damn confident Brady will be in his mid to late 30's.

Three more QUALITY picks does make a massive different. That's how the Patriots have built their WINNING teams throughout the years.

we do that as a joke, because you are notorious for doing that ever since you registered on the site, no matter the topic, you bring a sports team into it

amazing indeed.