Most Underrated/Overrated Players in the NBA?

Scout200

Deron Williams aint underrated anymore. GM's just voted him best PG in the league. Plus he finally made all star last season. Yall need to stop thinkin you are cool just because you joined the D Will is underrated bandwagon, you are a little late.

And as for real underrated players, a few come to mind. Steve Blake, Nioclas Batum, Raymond Felton, Darren Collison, Quentin Richardson, OJ Mayo, and to a certain degree Manu Ginobili.

Deron Williams aint underrated anymore. GM's just voted him best PG in the league. Plus he finally made all star last season. Yall need to stop thinkin you are cool just because you joined the D Will is underrated bandwagon, you are a little late.

And as for real underrated players, a few come to mind. Steve Blake, Nioclas Batum, Raymond Felton, Darren Collison, Quentin Richardson, OJ Mayo, and to a certain degree Manu Ginobili.

:blink: ROFLMFAO...... :rofl: :lol:. Yeah, Ok

Yall need to stop thinkin you are cool just because you joined the D Will is underrated bandwagon, you are a little late.

How ironic that your signature says 'stop personally attacking me brah.'

Stephen Curry is very underrated. He was great for the Warriors in the final months of last season and hasn't really gotten much recognition for it. He's going to be a deadly all-around guard in a few years time.

Kind of ironic that he's right, Deron Williams can no longer be considered underrated when he's voted the best PG in the league, unless you actually believe he deserves an even higher rank like DPOY or MVP, yet many people still call Deron the best PG in the league believing themselves to be a part of a minority.

With that said, I believe Chris Paul to now be underrated. One injury ridden season doesn't make him any less of a basketball player, and therefore does not strip his rank of best PG in the NBA and top 5 all around player in the league.

Edited by Poe

If you're refering to me, I never said I agreed or disagreed. I just said there was irony to what he was saying. I wasn't refering to the actual content itself.

I don't think he's trying to insult or "personally attack" anyone, at least from the way I'm reading it. He's joking around like he usually does, and I don't think his sig is completely serious either.... maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Poe

D-Rose might be in the top 5, but he certainly isn't the top PG in the league right now. People sure have short memory though and half a season without CP3 they forget how good he is.

Went a bit off topic there, but most underrated player at the moment would probably be Eric Gordon as mentioned above, although his stellar play in the FIBAs might have something to do with my opinion. Rasual Butler is another guy who I don't think gets enough credit for despite his steady play.

Other guys who I think deserve more credit: Monta Ellis, Anthony Tolliver, Troy Murphy + loads others

Most overrated player? Can't think of any considering the general level of basketball-intelligence of current GMs and coaches have increased significantly (there are always exceptions, of course). Tony Parker, Joe Johnson are a bit overrated in my opinion.

Top 10 Underrated (in no particular order)

O.J. Mayo (If you you were to take him of the Grizzles and put him on a team that desperately needs a SG or take Zach Randolph or Rudy Gay away from Memphis this guy could possibly be an All-Star and easily put up 20 points a night.)

Eric Gordan (I followed Gordan in college but never saw to much of him with the Clippers. But after watching him in the FIBA games I found out that he can really play. He can shot and he can slash, if the Clippers starting 5 can stay healthy and consistant they have a nice future with guys like Gordan, Griffin, and Kaman.)

Kevin Love (Like Eric Gordan I don't really see much of Love during the regular season but during the FIBA tournament he was snagging boards left and right. He's a double double waiting to happen every night.)

Luis Scola (Watch any Rockets game and he has a double double nearly every game.)

Stephen Jackson (He's overlooked every year and should have been an All-Star last year IMO.)

Andre Iguodala (He can score and has nice defense. He has All-Star potential, infact I wouldn't be surprised to see him in it this season.)

Brook Lopez (He's a top 10 center and nearly averaged a double double a game last year.)

Carl Landry (He's hardnose and tough. He can knock down long range shots, and can tear the rim down. As a Rocket fan I miss having this guy on our team)

Kevin Martin (Now to the guy we traded Landry for Kevin Martin. I was kind of half and half with Martin at first but I'm confident he'll be a good fit with us. He's a pretty effiecent scorer with decent defense and if he can improve he could be an All-Star.)

John Salmons (The Bucks wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year if it wasn't for Salmons. He's another guy who can score at will and if he can play this year the way he played late last year for the Bucks he can possibly be an All-Star

As far as overrated goes I really think their is no overrated player in the NBA. Players can't be overrated but people can overrate players.

• Like 1

O.J. Mayo (If you you were to take him of the Grizzles and put him on a team that desperately needs a SG or take Zach Randolph or Rudy Gay away from Memphis this guy could possibly be an All-Star and easily put up 20 points a night.)

Eric Gordan (I followed Gordan in college but never saw to much of him with the Clippers. But after watching him in the FIBA games I found out that he can really play. He can shot and he can slash, if the Clippers starting 5 can stay healthy and consistant they have a nice future with guys like Gordan, Griffin, and Kaman.)

Kevin Love (Like Eric Gordan I don't really see much of Love during the regular season but during the FIBA tournament he was snagging boards left and right. He's a double double waiting to happen every night.)

Luis Scola (Watch any Rockets game and he has a double double nearly every game.)

Stephen Jackson (He's overlooked every year and should have been an All-Star last year IMO.)

Andre Iguodala (He can score and has nice defense. He has All-Star potential, infact I wouldn't be surprised to see him in it this season.)

Brook Lopez (He's a top 10 center and nearly averaged a double double a game last year.)

Carl Landry (He's hardnose and tough. He can knock down long range shots, and can tear the rim down. As a Rocket fan I miss having this guy on our team)

Kevin Martin (Now to the guy we traded Landry for Kevin Martin. I was kind of half and half with Martin at first but I'm confident he'll be a good fit with us. He's a pretty effiecent scorer with decent defense and if he can improve he could be an All-Star.)

John Salmons (The Bucks wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year if it wasn't for Salmons. He's another guy who can score at will and if he can play this year the way he played late last year for the Bucks he can possibly be an All-Star

As far as overrated goes I really think their is no overrated player in the NBA. Players can't be overrated but people can overrate players.

I like your list. Good job.

Wow, your list is quite phenomenal!!!

UNDER

Brandon Roy - People respect him as a top tier NBA talent but I don't think anyone realizes just how good he would be if he was playing in a faster pace offense. I don't know about ya'll but I think playing outside of McMillan's slow tempo scheme would see him end up in the top of the MVP voting.

JJ Redick - I really hate Duke but that hatred doesn't necessarily cloud my judgement. His career got off to a slow start but this guy comes off the bench and can't miss. He's one of the best roleplayers a team can have and a spectacular shooter.

Gerald Wallace - When will this guy get the credit he deserves for working the floor as hard as he does? Wallace is a great swingman, always improving scorer, and a huge defensive weapon for the Bobcats.

Trevor Ariza - What he did for a tattered Houston team in 2009-10 says a lot about his maturity and playmaking ability. The Rockets became an afterthought once Yao went down and suddenly we all stopped paying attention to Ariza.

Tim Duncan - Perhaps the most underrated player of all time. Would Tim get any respect had he not won 4 championships? I doubt it. Not the flashiest player in history but he's got the numbers, he's got the minutes spent dominating the paint, he's got the individual awards, and the titles. It is my opinion that Tim will never be viewed as one of the top 12 players in league history as he should be.

OVER

Lebron James - I do not doubt how good this man is at playing basketball but his game isn't complete. It will be real interesting to see Lebron have to share the ball more this season. The man does not know how to play basketball without the basketball in his hands.

Andrew Bynum - After all this time, I still hear Laker fans saying: "...and if we have Bynum healthy...". All this team has done w/o him and yet he's still viewed as this giant missing piece to their starting lineup. Bynum on the floor is a defensive upgrade but c'mon, the Lakers have done plenty w/o him...and that's still an understatement.

Richard Jefferson - A classic example of how much better Jason Kidd makes his teammates look.

Hedo Turkoglu - Way too streaky of a player. Hedo literally doesn't do jack for I'd say 70% of the season. Makes his name by coming up clutch in a playoff series or 2 but he's nowhere close to being worth that last contract he signed.

Andre Iguodala - Great basketball player but he's no legit star. Philly fans overrate this guy to death and why am I the only person who believes Iggy's game has peaked?

Derrick Rose - This guy's face is all over the place and it's got a lot to do with Chicago hoping and praying for another Jordan. Rose has a lot of potential but how about making him earn all the credit first? He doesn't like to share the ball, he's an inefficient scorer, a horrible defender, and he doesn't have it in him to takeover a game.

Edited by Big Shot Rob