John Wall or Derrick Rose

Multi-Billionaire

John Wall or Derrick Rose?

I didn't think I'd say this, but I'd actually pick Wall.

Rose is quick, but Wall is fast.

Rose is more likely to break your ankles with his crossover quickness, Rose's quick. But if you have Rose and Wall dribble from end to end, it's likely Wall gets to the other end first, Wall's faster.

But at the end, it seems like Wall is the more explosive scorer... Rose is a 20 ppg scorer, but Wall scores effortlessly it seems and can be a 24-25 ppg scorer by 2nd - 3rd season.

• Owner

Right now Rose because he's been in the NBA for a couple years and he is so much stronger than Wall. I think Wall is the better player than Rose at Rose's rookie year, but Rose has more physical tools.

Yeah, I think if you compare both of their rookie seasons, Wall is hands down the better player. His overall skillset is much more defined, especially on the defensive end, and he's a better playmaker.

I won't step out on a limb too far right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was saying the same thing in 2-3 seasons, discussion current play. Both should be legit franchise players, both all-stars in their primes, so it really comes down to how much Rose can improve before Wall actually surpasses him. It will have a lot to do with Rose developing new skills, while Wall polishes all of his.

This is ridiculous. Snake, I know you have a vendetta against Rose, but he's led the Bulls to 2 post-season appearances his first 2 seasons, and for the last few months of last year (after his injury) he was averaging about 23/7 on terrific FG%. He's a proven commodity with experience in both the regular and post-season.

Don't get me wrong, Wall has loads of talent, but we have no idea exactly how he'll react to real NBA games. He may end up being ROTY, and I'd be a little surprised if he wasn't, but we also have no idea if he'll progress much after his rookie season (aka Elton Brand sydrome). I'm assuming he'll have a great rookie year and will progress to be a potential superstar, but Rose is already on that threshold and has proven his worth already. Until Wall proves something for a sustained period of time, it's foolish to say he's the better NBA player.

Yeah, I think if you compare both of their rookie seasons, Wall is hands down the better player. His overall skillset is much more defined, especially on the defensive end, and he's a better playmaker.

I won't step out on a limb too far right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was saying the same thing in 2-3 seasons, discussion current play. Both should be legit franchise players, both all-stars in their primes, so it really comes down to how much Rose can improve before Wall actually surpasses him. It will have a lot to do with Rose developing new skills, while Wall polishes all of his.

I think it all comes down to what you just said. If Rose can't develop his 3 pointer, Wall will surpass him, but if Rose continues to improve, I can't see anyone passing Rose.

I think it all comes down to what you just said. If Rose can't develop his 3 pointer, Wall will surpass him, but if Rose continues to improve, I can't see anyone passing Rose.

Wall is a better shooter, but there really is not that big of a difference between the two when it comes to shooting the ball.

Wall is a better shooter, but there really is not that big of a difference between the two when it comes to shooting the ball.

Wall isn't the best shooter, but he at least provides a threat from deep, where D-rose's mid range game is better than Walls, but he is not threat from 3. Wall has a better chance to succeed as long as Rose can't stretch the D more.

But at the end, it seems like Wall is the more explosive scorer... Rose is a 20 ppg scorer, but Wall scores effortlessly it seems and can be a 24-25 ppg scorer by 2nd - 3rd season.

Rose was a 20 ppg scorer because he was injured last season:

....and for the last few months of last year (after his injury) he was averaging about 23/7 on terrific FG%. He's a proven commodity with experience in both the regular and post-season.

.... When playoff time comes, Rose just feasts on people. Ex: When Rose went off against the Cavs averaging 28 & 8

Right now Rose because he's been in the NBA for a couple years and he is so much stronger than Wall. I think Wall is the better player than Rose at Rose's rookie year, but Rose has more physical tools.

Well, it's just preseason bud. Rose went off against Boston, he has the most points in a rookie debut, 36 points & 11 assists, and 8 boards(? forgot) not even a feat Michael Jordan accomplished nor Rajon Rondo / CP3 / Dwillz.

• 4 weeks later...

Definetly John Wall, hes already competing with D-Rose. Rose cant shoot, Wall can. Rose may have dribbling skills over wall, but Wall can pass better.

Wall: 19.4 PPG, 9.6 APG, 2.6 SPG,

Rose: 25 PPG, 9.8 APG, 0.8 SPG

You got it twisted there. Rose is an awesome midrange jumpshooter who is consistent in that 15-20ft range. Wall's jumper is still nowhere near consistent from any range.

However, I will say that Wall has been extremely impressive so far, and I have no doubt will be the better player. Already he is clearly a better playmaker and more skilled passer than Rose is, and also clearly a better defender. I'd probably still take Rose at the moment because of his experience and he's more capable of currently carrying a team, but very soon Wall will without a doubt be the better player.

Walls basketball IQ is the only thing holding him back.. And he really needs to cut down on turnovers. Something nobody anywhere is talking about.. So Rose for sure

No one's talking about it because...

1) He was expected to be a bit TO prone after he averaged quite a few of them last year in college.

2) He is a rookie who's had to carry a team the first 5 games in the season, so mistakes are expected. He's been so heavily depended on that his usage % is actually higher than both Deron Williams and Chris Paul, and only slightly behind Steve Nash. When you are a rookie who is expected to do THAT much right from the first game, something is bound to be exposed a bit.

3) He has the best PG skills coming straight out of college since CP3/D-Will back in 2005.

4) Rose is also averaging a ridiculous amount of TO's (4.8 per game) to kick the season off.

Wall is averaging less turnovers than Steve Nash and even Deron Williams IIRC. Just thought I'd mention that.

I don't know how today's games affected the stats, but through yesterday Nash was averaging .2 TO's less than Wall, and Williams was averaging 1.6 less TO's than Wall.

I don't know how today's games affected the stats, but through yesterday Nash was averaging .2 TO's less than Wall, and Williams was averaging 1.6 less TO's than Wall.

Ah touche, I was looking at older stats. Yeah he passed them already. There was a point where Wall was around 4 TO's and Nash was over 5 and D-Will was averaging more than Wall as well.

As of right now I have to say that Derrick Rose is the better basketball player. Sure, Wall means much more to the Wizards, but Rose has proven himself at the NBA level. Once John Wall proves himself, and if he lives up to even half of his potential, then I think it will be a dead race. If he gets to his full potential, he'll be knocking at the door for best NBA player in the league, not just point guards. That's my take on it anyways.