Lynch hopes to regain ‘Beast Mode' in Seattle

Warren2ThaG

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__27/ept_sports_nfl_experts-411853951-1286430906.jpg?ym6Sv4DD3jIxLC.B

Lynch hopes to regain ‘Beast Mode' in Seattle

---------------------

RENTON, Wash. -- As much as Buffalo must have become a foreign land to former first-round pick Marshawn Lynch(notes), Seattle seemed to feel like home for the 24-year-old running back. After four years of losing records, his own problems with the law, an entirely new front office and coaching staff, "home games" in Toronto, and a franchise that has become the poster child for the small-market side of the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, it was time for Lynch to find a change of scenery. The Bills seemed to sign off on this notion when they selected Clemson running back C.J. Spiller(notes) in the first round of the 2010 draft, leaving Lynch as the odd man out.

Meanwhile, the Seattle Seahawks had a problem: their running game was faltering without a big back. Head coach Pete Carroll had tried to solve this problem with LenDale White(notes), but that went out the window quickly. A fourth-round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2010 was all it took to pry Lynch away from Buffalo and back to the West Coast. The Cal alum arrived in Seattle near midnight on Tuesday evening and was at the Seahawks' facility at 6 a.m. Wednesday. Reunited with former Golden Bears teammates Brandon Mebane(notes), Cameron Morrah(notes), Mike Gibson(notes), and Justin Forsett(notes), and playing for a coach he knew well in Carroll from their days in the Pac-10 wars, Lynch may have been surrounded by more familiarity in his new NFL home. He looked strong and quick in his first practice with the Seahawks.

Of course, Lynch's experiences with Carroll weren't always entirely positive, as he recalled after his first practice as a Seahawk. "I couldn't stand him," Lynch said with a laugh of the former USC coach. "Straight up, I couldn't stand him. He was one of those coaches who would run up and down the field like he was playing in the game, jumping around and high-fiving his players. He's there dogging us, and I'm just sitting watching him having all this fin, and I thought, ‘What is he doing? Run me to that sideline so I can hit him one time.'"

------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Lynch-hopes-to-regain-Beast-Mode-in-Seattle?urn=nfl-275156

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUAe9ZZ7AuU